Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triple Record Breaker at BIA

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Future Pilot
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jul 2003
    • 3469

    Triple Record Breaker at BIA

    Passenger numbers at Birmingham International Airport (BIA) continue to break all previous records with September becoming the third month in a row to record over 1 million passengers the first time this has ever happened at BIA. Some 1,023,111 people used the Airport during September, an increase of 10.3% on the same month last year.

    BIAs Managing Director, Richard Heard, said: These are exciting times at BIA with additional long haul routes and rapid growth from low cost operators continuing to have a significant impact on our success. As the winter season approaches we can look forward to a strong route network with more choice and easier worldwide connections which is great news for Midlands travellers, enabling them to reach their chosen destination from their local airport calmly, stress free and in plenty of time. Our major development programme is progressing well in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 and we will be bringing in new and expanded facilities through the coming winter to help handle the growing activity levels.


    Scheduled traffic grew by 24.7% overall with passenger numbers increasing on non-EU flights which grew by 51%, on Transatlantic services which were up 44.8%, as well as on EU flights which rose by 23.5% and on flights to Asia which increased by 34%.

    Growth was also achieved on a number of scheduled routes, including Toronto (+499.5%), Prague (+94.4%), Milan (+72.3%), Amsterdam (+26.6%), Edinburgh (+22.3%), Rome (+14.8%), Inverness (+13.8%), Hanover (+13.3%), Toulouse (+12.5%), Helsinki (+11%) and Zurich (+10.7%).

    Whilst charter passenger numbers fell by 9.2%, several destinations recorded an increase in passengers including Bulgaria (+148.3%), Mexico (+80.9%), Turkey (+21.6%), Croatia (+16.3%), Malta (+12%) and Cyprus (+4%), highlighting a general trend in the market towards alternative destinations and away from the traditional package holiday hot-spots.

    Scheduled traffic accounted for 65.1% of the total September figure while charter passengers made up the remaining 34.9%.
    I must say exciting times, after a not very good start to 2005 the figures are increasing to record levels Very good new for BHX
    sigpic
    May 09
    NW781 - LHR-DTW - B767-400
    NW427 - DTW-DCA - A319-100
    NW205 - DCA-MSP - B757-200
    NW104 - MSP-LHR - A330-200
  • RIPConcorde
    EGPH
    • Feb 2004
    • 3192

    #2
    Things are starting to pick up again I see!

    Comment

    Unconfigured Ad Widget

    Collapse

     

    Working...
    X