Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate of descent.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve rowell
    Expat Geordie
    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Craigston_Tom
    Is the captain of the Ryanair flight still flying? (I apologise if it states whether he is or isn't still flying in the article, but my computer won't load it for some reason)
    One would hope not for the sake of passenger safety
    Best Regards Steve

Comment

• skycruiser
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jan 2000

Originally posted by concordesst
      6000ft per minute WOW, you gotta be kidding! Thats like a 15 degree (thats probably way out) descent angle. The again, can you slow the aircraft right down so that it doesn't angle so badly?

Not sure but id agree 1500-2000 sounds about right.

Ben

Just for information, we did a 3 degree nose down descent and thrust at idle into London the otherday and that gave us 5200 FPM descent.
      pb::

Comment

• Whiskey Delta
        Vote for Pedro
        • May 2003

It depends on the aircraft configuration and airspeed. I've pushed 5000 FPM at flight idle, some flaps and speed brakes out while only being a few degrees below the horizon.

Comment

• coanda
          • Jan 2000

guys, this is very interesting.........I get to see how the aircraft is designed structurally but never get to see how the airliners are actually operated, would someone know where I could see typical flight profiles for long range/short range airliners etc......??

thanks

coanda

Comment

• Flex 35

Originally posted by coanda
            guys, this is very interesting.........I get to see how the aircraft is designed structurally but never get to see how the airliners are actually operated, would someone know where I could see typical flight profiles for long range/short range airliners etc......??
            Grab yourself one of these DVDs, great insights on how an airliner is operated on a normal line flight. http://www.itvv.co.uk/

Some great ones on there, and worth the money!

Flex 35

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
            X