Ever flown with EUJet?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Just a quick question...

Did anyone ever fly with EUJet when they were in operation?

If so, would you please tell me where you flew from/to and how much you paid for your flight and also what the service was like - especially if you flew into or out of Kent International (Manston), as I am thinking of using this as my operations hub. Comments about the airport itself would be useful as well, but any other suggestions of alternative airports would be more than welcome!

Many thanks,

Jonathan Davies.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

LOL Your kidding right? Manston was a terrible choice for an Airport and EUJet didnt do as well as they hoped.

Member for

18 years 8 months

LOL Your kidding right? Manston was a terrible choice for an Airport and EUJet didnt do as well as they hoped.

Well you are quiet wrong there an airport that has to start somewhere look at Bournemouth it's just the same as Manston well apart from Manston is Twice the size they don't have good road links into Hurn they have a small terminal . And for EUjet the thing with EUjet was they started 21 routes with just 4 aircraft and before they went bust they did 18 routes with 4 aircraft what they should off done was start off with five or six routes at start then add more routes.But we all know they had a sh*t owner Planestation Thank god planestation don't own the airport anymore they where sh*t.

Oh cloud 9 did you get my last Email.

Regards
James

Member for

19 years

But we all know they had a sh*t owner Planestation Thank god planestation don't own the airport anymore they where sh*t.

Obviously not a Planestation fan :D

Can you give any examples of the c**p without laying yourself open to any legal repercussions? ;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

The market at Manston is not great at all, when you look at CAA survey data (not the stuff on the website) it shows poor underlying markets etc. The stimulation from EUJet was poor, but probably reflects the market. It is not likely to be a majorly succesful airport for passenger traffic.

Member for

19 years 5 months

MSE needs a low cost airline to set up a SMALL operation there to key destinations such as AGP, ALC, PMI. Alternatively a based charter aircraft

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well you are quiet wrong there an airport that has to start somewhere look at Bournemouth it's just the same as Manston well apart from Manston is Twice the size they don't have good road links into Hurn they have a small terminal . And for EUjet the thing with EUjet was they started 21 routes with just 4 aircraft and before they went bust they did 18 routes with 4 aircraft what they should off done was start off with five or six routes at start then add more routes.But we all know they had a sh*t owner Planestation Thank god planestation don't own the airport anymore they where sh*t.

Regards
James

I'm out of breath after reading that. :eek:

Member for

18 years 6 months

MSE needs a low cost airline to set up a SMALL operation there to key destinations such as AGP, ALC, PMI.

Thanks Humberside, that's exactly what I was thinking of... :D !

It is going to be either MSE or LTN, but I think there are too many LFA's already based there, so that's why I thought that MSE would be the better choice of the two,

And just before any of you start suggesting that it is going to be another failure like EUJet, it won't be because I intend to operate only to a few places to start with, so that we can establish ourselves and revive the market.

Infratil, the company which has just bought MSE for £17million, sure thinks there is demand, I just want to show them (and all of you who have shun'd the idea!) that they are right :D !

Jonathan Davies.

Member for

18 years 6 months

I am not sure which e-mail you are on about...? Send it to me again, that way I will know.

Jonathan Davies.

Member for

19 years

Flew Eu to Nice in Feb 05 - Sunday am flight (half-term) out was about 85% full on a Fischer Air 73 - return mid-week about 35% or less on an Eu Fokker.

MSE is a long way from any real population centre, though. Still, only 7 mins from my seat to my car on return.

Member for

18 years 6 months

MSE is a long way from any real population centre, though. Still, only 7 mins from my seat to my car on return.

I know that it doesn't have a huge market, but they [Infratil] have calcualted there there is a potential 1.9 million people within a 60min drive. There is talk of using it as a mainly frieght airport...as it can handle the 747's and the A380, but they just want to get it up and running as soon as possible.

The connections to the airport are not wonderful, but then look at Luton and Stansted - it takes 45mins to Liverpool St. on the STN Express! And with a transfer time of 7 mins from aircraft seat to car (as D's Dave says!) there is quite a bit of potential...

Anyone flew out of MSE at all, what are the facilities and check-in queue times like...?

Jonathan Davies.

Member for

19 years

Anyone flew out of MSE at all, what are the facilities and check-in queue times like...?

Car parking, basic - think it was £7.00/day

Check-in - no problems, just like any other check-in - my flight was busier than most, but still fine.

Basic cafe with a good view of the apron, not sure what/if anything airside.

1.9 m within a 60 minute drive is fine, but what are the figures for Coventry, for example? Must be much more. Train service is very poor in comparison to LTN and STN.