Selling a Starjets Thomas Cook 757

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hey all. I've recently just been given a Boeing-757-200 in Thomas Cook livery, it is 1/500 scale. This was a present from my partner to whom I had not admitted I already have 2 copies of this model. As a result I have decided to sell one. It is therefore on ebay. As some of you will know the model is rare and hard to find, but well worth buying as it is of superb quality.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6566402493&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I will NOT be taking this off ebay.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

A few people have asked what the registration of this model is, so: G-FCLF.

Member for

24 years 2 months

G-FCLF was one of the nicest ones to fly!

Member for

24 years 2 months

G-FCLF was one of the nicest ones to fly!

And was there really much difference?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yes, most airframes get slightly bent over the years and you end up using the trims to 'straighten them out' in flight. G-FCLF was a good straight airframe with a nice spec level. FBW aircraft mask any bent airframes through their computers. IIRC G-FCLG was a bit of a dog.

Member for

20 years 1 month

I'm flying TCX from BHX-ACE on 15th of December, any chance of you being upfront Wysiwyg???? :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

I'm flying TCX from BHX-ACE on 15th of December, any chance of you being upfront Wysiwyg???? :)

I don't think he will as WYSI is flying the A340 for Virgin. ;)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yes, most airframes get slightly bent over the years and you end up using the trims to 'straighten them out' in flight. G-FCLF was a good straight airframe with a nice spec level. FBW aircraft mask any bent airframes through their computers. IIRC G-FCLG was a bit of a dog.

Was it one of the aircraft that Flying Colours took delivery of as a new aircraft then?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yes it was. Then they got G-JMCD and G-JMCE new which were the 2 highest spec and best 200's.

Member for

19 years 8 months

Interesting stuff. What was G-FCLH like to fly my friend? Flew it in Aug. Wonder if you knew any of my flight crew?

Flex 35

Member for

24 years 2 months

H was ok. It was a heavyweight 757 so it made life easier carrying a full load back from places like Egypt into a headwind when you needed a bigger fuel load. I probably would have known your crew. What base did you fly out of?

Member for

19 years 8 months

I flew out of MAN. I already know the names of the crew so I could give you them via PM and perhaps you could tell me if you know them?

Cheers
Flex 35