BD to charge for drinks/snacks in Y longhaul

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 8 months

http://www.flybmi.com/trade/en-gb/sectionhome.aspx?p=1904&rid=774

Interesting quote: This move brings us in line with other carriers such as United who currently charge for alcoholic drinks

Maybe, but it totally differentiates them from British Airways and Virgin who do not charge on trans-Atlantic, nor does it bring them into line with ANY carriers on LHR-BOM.

The management at bmi are totally nucking futs. Leaving aside the behavioral dis-merits of the availability of [free] alcohol for a moment, how they hell do they think that they'll attract punters on MAN-ORD, MAN-LAS and MAN-BOM when their service is becoming totally inferior to BA, VS, AI or 9W?

Hey, don't anyone tell BD management that airlines used to charge for headsets!

A

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

bmi wish to advised the introduction of paid for drinks and snacks- long haul economy cabin - see below for furthere information.

Good way to start an official press release. :rolleyes: Must have sacked all the proof readers during all this downgrading too? ;)

Member for

24 years 2 months

I'd expect the airport liquor stores will be rubbing their hands with glee? "Magic Bottle Sir ..?" :D

Member for

18 years 6 months

This really is strange, what do they do if someone forgets? Is water Free?

Member for

19 years 2 months

This really is strange, what do they do if someone forgets? Is water Free?

The free water is basically the vapour that has been sucked through the engine intake, condensed and brought up through the bleed air system into the cabin...

...proper water costs £4.99 :D

Member for

18 years 6 months

LOL

Member for

18 years 7 months

The free water is basically the vapour that has been sucked through the engine intake, condensed and brought up through the bleed air system into the cabin......
MMMMmmm...this is obviously decent mineral water which has been pure filtered through mountain rock - it has a taste quite different to tap water :) :diablo:

Member for

18 years 6 months

:rolleyes: I wonder if anyone has ever tried this, it might taste preety good, then we'd see ryanair selling it in the shops :D

Nothing would surprise me :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Never had the need to fly long haul with bmi and even if I did, I'd look for alternatives. This has all happened much to quickly. Only at the start of last month did the airline scrap food altogether and charge for snacks on short haul and domestic flights and now they're doing the same (almost) on long haul.

Let's face it, bmi is not really the cheapest option on the planet. So what do you do? Pay over the odds and get nothing for your money or pay less and get more with different airlines.

Member for

20 years 1 month

I'm totally regretting now we've re-booking with bmi for my cancelled US trip for next year, they are really going down the pan atm!

Member for

19 years 2 months

Condensed bleed air vapour being as tasty as mountain filtered mineral water...

...hmmm I wonder!

bmi seem to be stuck halfway between offering a decent service and cost cutting, its almost like they need some kind of massive restructuring. Blending bmi mainline, bmi regional and bmi baby was always going to be a massive mistake. Seriously could anyone imagine in the past BA suddenly offering cheap fairs for GO flights and vice versa...chaos would reign!