Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hong Kong Tomorrow..!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T5
    T5
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2000

Originally posted by wysiwyg
    ...indeed it did continue onto SYD flown by yours truly! Sorry I didn't give you a call SC but I bought my mother with me on a jolly (at least it was jolly for her!).
    Wow... what are the chances of that? Don't suppose you can tell me why on both flights we had a Captain and three First Officers can you? Is this normal?

Well, as you can probably gather, I'm home now, but I'm not too miserable. Hong Kong (I'm afraid to say) disappointed me, but the flights were absolutely brilliant both ways and I think Virgin Atlantic has just pipped Thai to the post as my new favourite airline.

Aircraft outbound was an A340-600 (G-VGOA) and the inbound was another A340-600 (G-VNAP). I had the same seats that were assigned to me when booking. The outbound was about 70% full and the inbound was probably about 95% full, so a bit of a squeeze.

We departed well on time from Heathrow and service on the ground was impeccable and very speedy from the moment we arrived at about 7.30pm. The flight time was 11 hours and 45 minutes. Coming home, we should have left at 11.25pm, but didn't push back until about 12.05am and were not airborne until 12.35am. Landing this morning should have been at 5.25am but due to the late departure of the aircraft and having to hold above London, we didn't touch down until 6.26am. The views were not great, despite having flown in over the capital, landing on 27L. Cloud was at 700ft, so it was little wonder why.

Anyway, a full review is still to come. I've got home and need to have a quick turnaround so that I can be at Unviersity for 11.30am!
    Michael

Comment

• Airline owner
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Oct 2003

Glad you're back Michael, glad you had a good flight and talk about co-incidence!!!! I didn't think the LHR curfew gets lifted until 06:30?

Comment

• LBARULES
        Pointless flightaholic!
        • May 2003

Nice to hear from you Michael, shame you didnt like HK (Seem to be one of the only people I have ever heard say anything bad about the place), looking forward to the reports .

Comment

• T5
          T5
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jan 2000

Originally posted by LBARULES
          Nice to hear from you Michael, shame you didnt like HK (Seem to be one of the only people I have ever heard say anything bad about the place), looking forward to the reports .
          I wouldn't go as far as saying that I didn't like it, but I was expecting a little more from the city.
          Michael

Comment

• LBARULES
            Pointless flightaholic!
            • May 2003

Oh ok, no probs mate .

Comment

• skycruiser
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Jan 2000

...indeed it did continue onto SYD flown by yours truly! Sorry I didn't give you a call SC but I bought my mother with me on a jolly (at least it was jolly for her!).

No worries mate, but next time a beer is in order!!!!
              pb::

Comment

• wysiwyg
                Retard :)
                • Jan 2000

Michael, the LHR-HKG and the HKG-LHR legs are operated with 4 pilots as the typical flight times (returns are usually in the 13 hour region) mean that we run out of duty hours with 3. When we got on G-VGOA we saw in the tech log that the aircraft had been landed rather firmly into HKG!!! Not actually a heavy landing but firm enough for the Aircraft Condition Monitoring System to report itself!

Airline Owner, you're right about the 0630 limit at LHR however you can pay extra for an exemption for a specific service to allow it to arrive from 0430z. We have this exemption for our HKG-LHR arrival only.

SC, I felt guilty about not calling but you really don't want to have to endure my mother. Next time you're in LHR give me a call and I'll take you out for a run on the Thames on my cruiser!

Comment

• T5
                  T5
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jan 2000

Michael, the LHR-HKG and the HKG-LHR legs are operated with 4 pilots as the typical flight times (returns are usually in the 13 hour region) mean that we run out of duty hours with 3. When we got on G-VGOA we saw in the tech log that the aircraft had been landed rather firmly into HKG!!! Not actually a heavy landing but firm enough for the Aircraft Condition Monitoring System to report itself!
                  That's odd. It did seem rather nice and smooth.
                  Michael

Comment

• bmi-star
                    EGOV local
                    • Feb 2004

Good to see you back Michael, pity you didnt enjoy HK mate, what was wrong with the place?
                    Sorry if i made the place look too good
                    Regards, Elgan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                    X