Air Scandic News

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Rumour on A-net that Air Scandic have gone under.

Does anyone know anything?

This has been rumoured before and nothing happened.

I'm supposed to be flying with them next weekend!

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

I can confirm this is now true - Air Scandic have folded.

I have just contacted my flight provider "Freedom Flights" who have confirmed this and have stated that my Larnaca flight (Sep 25) will be run by either Air Atlanta or Viking Air.

Member for

21 years

What did Air Scandic actually do these days?

Pembo, you say your flight provider were "Freedom Flights" and the people operating the flights for them, Air Atlanta and Viking Air are still the same, so what role did the company "Air Scandic" actually have I wonder :confused:

Member for

19 years 2 months

Flew around on the behalf of package holidays I guess.

Shame really, I loved those A300's!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Oh Mark L - you'll love this.

I think I understand it but you can imagine how people get confused:-

I booked my flight with Expedia.
Expedia contract to Freedom Flights (Freedom Flights are like any tour operator, such as Thomson, Thomas Cook etc and they issue the tickets).
The flight was to be run by Excel Airways.
Excel Airways couldn't find an aircraft and contracted out to Air Scandic.
Air Scandic don't operate their own aircraft and so contracted out to Finnair.
Air Scandic have now gone bust and the flights seem to be operated by Air Atlanta Europe.

Confused.....you should be....lol.

Just for confirmation; Air Atlanta and Viking Air appear to be taking over the Air Scandic routes, and in the case of Newcastle, appear to be continuing using the Finnair 757 for this purpose.

Member for

21 years

So Air Scanic were the middle men in the stereotypical sense of the phrase - they did absolutely nothing just took a bit of money!

EVERYTHING still seems to be working fine without them! Makes you wonder how they can go out of business when they didnt do anything in the first place :confused:

Member for

24 years 2 months

How very true Mark......

Member for

19 years 10 months

Flew around on the behalf of package holidays I guess.

Shame really, I loved those A300's!

The A300s went ages ago! :)

Member for

19 years 2 months

Did they?

Oh

Shows how much attention I pay...but I still loved them :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

So those dredful Polar White MD83's finally got the better of them hey?

My sympathies to all the staff though, hear they were all very good.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Yep, tis sad, Pembo, I know I sound all doom and gloom, but I would be prepared for a delay on your flight!

Would have most probably been a good flight on an AY 752 as well.

Member for

19 years 1 month

I don't believe the NCL flights were operated by Air Scandic anyway, they have been going on an AY (Finnair) code for at least the last few weeks, and continue to do so, on a Finnair B752....should be the same til the end of the summer I imagine. Seem to be on time as usual too!

Scott

Member for

20 years 9 months

from bbc

Everton fans miss out on cup game

The fans were waiting for another aircraft
More than 150 Everton fans have missed their team's Uefa Cup tie in Romania on Thursday after the airline due to fly them went into receivership.
The supporters had been booked on to a flight with Jersey-based charter flight company Air Scandic to watch the Dinamo Bucharest match.

Travel operators ATP had arranged for an alternative jet to fly to Liverpool from Nottingham East Midlands Airport.

But the plane was impounded at the airport on Thursday.

Full refund

A spokesman for ATP apologised to the fans, who will get a full refund, saying it had worked round the clock to arrange an alternative flight with another carrier Viking Air which Air Scandic had leased a plane from.

"We have been told that the plane we hoped to fly to John Lennon Airport has been impounded at East Midlands Airport," he said.

An East Midlands Airport spokesman said it was holding an aircraft due to a commercial dispute with Air Scandic.

"We have been trying to contact Air Scandic but have had no reply," he said.

One fan received a fixed penalty notice from police after the news was broken to fans at the Liverpool airport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/4249144.stm

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yep, tis sad, Pembo, I know I sound all doom and gloom, but I would be prepared for a delay on your flight!

Would have most probably been a good flight on an AY 752 as well.

You're depressing me!! :)

Seriously, from what I can gather the flight will still be on an AY752 which so far this summer has been fairly reliable up at NCL. Problem is there is little in the way of inflight service/entertainment apparently, unless this changes now SCY have gone.

Hopefully an on time AY752 will take us; if not I'd love an old EUK742 - though preferably with no delays!

Member for

20 years 10 months

Aye, I didn't realise the 757 was still there, should be ok then :).