PIA's first ever member on this forum !

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Hi everyone and Assalam-Alaikum !! :)

My name is Imran ,I'm 26 and I've recently started work as a PIA rep at Manchester Airport. :cool:

I'm really enjoying the job dealing with so many varied passenger requests, going onboard many different PIA aircrafts ( 30 flights per week into and out of Manchester !) all to the background of beautiful instrumental music ! :D

Basically I look after the turnaround of the aircraft and ensure that the catering,cleaning is in good order and that everything is top notch before boarding begins for the next flight e.g enough blankets, newspapers,toiletries,amenity kits etc. :eek:

Also there are duties in baggage and the meeting of arriving flights plus a lot of interaction with the crew regarding various issues. :)

PIA's latest news is the start of Glasgow flights in October and Los Angeles in the near future from Manchester ! :)

Anyone who needs info on PIA is welcome to contact me at [email]airimran@hotmail.com[/email]

Also, I am always interested in receiving / exchanging information on PIA be it rare photos,brochures or anything else.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Regards,

Imran
Manchester,UK

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Imran, welcome to the forum!

You do have a busy life with all those pax and flights :D

:edit: LAX from MAN! Excellent!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Welcome to the forums and I'm looking forward to the Glasgow flights in October (at last) operated by Airbus A310 I gather ?

Member for

18 years 6 months

hi guys, yes i understand the A310 will be used, but even more interesting is the fact that in the future PIA is considering using the 777 to Glasgow if loads are good, which I pray they will be !

for more info go to www.historyofpia.com/forums
and www.globalpia.net

Member for

24 years 2 months

hi guys, yes i understand the A310 will be used, but even more interesting is the fact that in the future PIA is considering using the 777 to Glasgow if loads are good, which I pray they will be !

for more info go to www.historyofpia.com/forums
and www.globalpia.net

There's a huge Pakistani community in Glasgow and Scotland generally, so I imagine there's a good chance of seeing a 777 eventually? After all, Emirates are also upgrading it's successful Glasgow service to 777-300.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Imran,

May I suggest you think carefully before giving out lots of information about the company you work for, much of it will be commercially sensitive, despite staff knowing, which often occurs through rumours on the grapevine and internal announcements.

It worries me that you declare that PIA is to launch LAX from MAN. This worries me because I cannot imagine any airline launching the the route before the NWDA has finalised and started accepting bids for funding of new routes from the region. MAN will more than likely be holding PIA back from launching until such times. HOWEVER, an announcement of a route launching before an application for funding is made will potentially prevent any funding, even if the airline may feel it necessary. Your announcement on here of that route could be construed as an announcement, and could leave PIA in a very embarrassing situation, particularly if the news then gets lifted from here to other forums and websites....before long it will be in the press, and hey presto you will have compromised PIA's business case for a route, and probably find yourself sacked. BE CAREFUL, you don't know who is reading this forum. Many people on here work in the industry and handle commercially sensitive infomormation, you have to draw an accurate line of what is acceptable to tell people about and what is not.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Most of what he's saying have been grapevine rumours for a heck of a long time now, especially the GLA stuff.

But you are correct to urge a cautious approach.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I have private messaged Imran

Member for

19 years 7 months

:rolleyes: Nice Welcome Anal !

Imran,

May I suggest you think carefully before giving out lots of information about the company you work for, much of it will be commercially sensitive, despite staff knowing, which often occurs through rumours on the grapevine and internal announcements.

It worries me that you declare that PIA is to launch LAX from MAN. This worries me because I cannot imagine any airline launching the the route before the NWDA has finalised and started accepting bids for funding of new routes from the region. MAN will more than likely be holding PIA back from launching until such times. HOWEVER, an announcement of a route launching before an application for funding is made will potentially prevent any funding, even if the airline may feel it necessary. Your announcement on here of that route could be construed as an announcement, and could leave PIA in a very embarrassing situation, particularly if the news then gets lifted from here to other forums and websites....before long it will be in the press, and hey presto you will have compromised PIA's business case for a route, and probably find yourself sacked. BE CAREFUL, you don't know who is reading this forum. Many people on here work in the industry and handle commercially sensitive infomormation, you have to draw an accurate line of what is acceptable to tell people about and what is not.

Nice goodbye, bmused56.......

GA

Member for

24 years 2 months

:rolleyes: Nice Welcome Anal !

Ahh look who's back. I don't have to answer to you, this is a serious issue, which I have contacted Imran about privately. There is no offence to him per-se.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Hi

Out of chance is there any chance PIA might replace Swe-fly on the Lahore routes to Leeds/Bradford, London Luton and Stockholm??

I know the LBA route was performing well with a huge amount of asian people living in the area using the service instaed of having ot travel over to Manchester for your own PIA flights.

Also in the past I have been told that PIA A310'S Will not have a problem making direct flights off are short Runway 32/14. I Know the Airport went to Airbus and they proved PIA it could be done.

Anyway hope you enjoy the fourm.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Alos if you have any news about BHX flights...increase un frequency/different aircraft etc let us know! :D

Member for

18 years 11 months

lol, is that Bmused55 ONCE AGAIN? :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum, Imran. I'm sure you'll like it here. :)

Member for

19 years 11 months

Welcome to the Forum, Imran - rdc1000 has given you some sound advice there, by the way.

We won't be hearing any more from bmused56 for at least another two weeks.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Welcome

When PIA get their new long range B777's are they cancelling the MAN stop in JFK flights?