Ryanair about to kill Aer Arann

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 2 months

Hey everybody

It looks as though Ryanair are about to launch a domestic Irish route between our 2 largest cities Dublin and Cork.

Currently Aer Arann are the only airline that flies this route with 9 daily flights.
Aer Arann fares are quite expensive and loads seem quite good which would suggest that yeild is great for RE on this route.

However if Ryanair begin offering low fares on the route it will be a major blow to Aer Arann.

Although Ryanair have made no announcement about it the timetable has been published on both Cork and Dublin airport websites.

Original post

Member for

19 years 5 months

Perhaps Aer Arran should divert capacity to MAN-ORK?

FR also expected to announce ORK-LGW. What I dont understand is why FR fly ORK/NOC-LGW (not an FR base) but not ORK/NOC-LTN (an FR base)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Perhaps Aer Arran should divert capacity to MAN-ORK?

FR also expected to announce ORK-LGW. What I dont understand is why FR fly ORK/NOC-LGW (not an FR base) but not ORK/NOC-LTN (an FR base)

Perhaps a large amount of the pax are expected to be changing flights onto a long haul flight? LGW is a good candidate for that since Ryanair will never get into LHR.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Baby have MAN-ORK covered and Baby seem to be outding RE on ORK-BHX so it is inevitable they would beat them on ORK-MAN.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Apparently they are reducing frequencies on MAN-ORK to 5 weekly I think. Not exactly convient for business passengers

Member for

21 years

Ryanair are flying LPL-ORK also. Flew with them in July, full service.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ryanair are flying LPL-ORK also. Flew with them in July, full service.

Full Service on Ryanair :eek: :eek: :eek:

Member for

20 years 2 months

LOL I thought he meant full service as well ie food etc but obviously he meeds capacity wise.

Another point of interest is that according to your signature your going to be flying BHD-LHR on a FlyBe A321 :p

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yeah didnt you know that had started? lol

Member for

21 years

Full Service on Ryanair :eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL...Maybe i should have said full flight !