Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How not to report news in the aviation business...

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tigerotor77W
    • Apr 2005

How not to report news in the aviation business...

Saw this on another aviation forum; thought it was kinda funny.

Boeing 737 makes 787 wait
    UPI - Sunday, August 21, 2005

Date: Sunday, August 21, 2005 10:05:34 PM EST

NEW YORK, Aug. 21 (UPI) -- The success of the Boeing 737 among U.S. and international airline might delay the advent of its more fuel efficient successor -- the Boeing 787.

Gary C. Kelly, chief executive of Southwest Airlines, says the more compact Boeing 787 is his dream plane. The Boeing 737, the Dreamliner, is a midrange, 220-passenger plane that Boeing says will be more fuel efficient and aerodynamic than the Boeing 757 it replaces.

"We want Boeing to come out with the Dreamliner version of the 737 at some point," he told the New York Times in an interview.

However, Kelly, whose airline only flies the Boeing 737, says he's still very happy with the Boeing 737. Southwest Airlines is buying about one Boeing 737 a month.

Boeing doesn't plan to build the Boeing 787 while the 737 is still selling strong, according to Randy J. Tinseth, the director of marketing for Boeing Commercial Airplanes.

"The Dreamliner has really opened a lot of peoples' eyes."
    Not sure if the link will work, but http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story....mTyM9LAw5NnZm3

If the article was translated, I could understand it a bit (and apologize publicly for making fun of the translation)... but it's somewhat humorous, to me, anyhow, that someone could butcher the facts so much.
  • andrewm
    Rank 2 Registered User
    • Jan 2000

Originally posted by gmnstrunr37
    If the article was translated, I could understand it a bit
    I find it hard to believe 787 and 737 could become mixed up when translating if they are in numeric state and not the words of the numbers like above.
    Regards, Andrew

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
    X