bmi to stop MAN-IAD

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 5 months

bmi are to stop flights from MAN to Washington and cancel St Lucia flights for 7 weeks

Bad news, suppose the B757 didnt work

Original post

Member for

19 years 5 months

http://www.flybmi.com/trade/en-gb/sectionhome.aspx?p=1904&rid=730

Reluctantly bmi will suspend the Manchester - Washington service from the end of the summer. bmi will also be refining the Caribbean services over the hurricane season therefore the Manchester - St Lucia service will be suspended for 7 weeks from the end of August and re-start 24 October 2005.

Member for

19 years 6 months

They've had form for "routicide" on MAN-IAD for the past couple of years and have finally managed it. Perhaps someone ought to explain to them that to build up loyalty (and premium pax) you do not chop it for 6 months, reintroduce it, chop frequency down so that no-one in their right mind would use it, bring it back to it's original frequency and then downsize the route for the peak summer period by offering a lesser business product on a smaller aircraft.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Surely United should take over the route?

Member for

19 years 5 months

Surely United should take over the route?

They have a shortage of aircraft at the moment. Recently they had 4 B767's repossesed and had to cancel ORD-Buenos Aires at short notice

Member for

20 years 1 month

Like we didnt know this would happen :rolleyes:
Let's hope UAL do a better job of it if they do take it over. Please UAL!!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

So what is the future for the Icelandair 757 now? Presumably they have it for a good few months more. Does that mean it could operate some domestic flights for the airline?

Member for

20 years 1 month

No the flights end when the lease expired

Member for

24 years 2 months

Disappointing but on the cards I guess. :(

Member for

24 years 2 months

So what is the future for the Icelandair 757 now? Presumably they have it for a good few months more. Does that mean it could operate some domestic flights for the airline?

Convert it to cargo if they have any sense. The downgrade from an A330 to a B757 was a poor move. The service, room etc. was appalling and I know that at least 2 of my colleagues were not planning to use their services again on that route nor was I. I still have yet to receive my case which was lost from that flight in June!