EUJet Suspend Ops

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Shock horror...I don't think!!!

UK budget carrier EUjet suspends operations
Victoria Moores, London (26Jul05, 12:51 GMT, 113 words)

UK budget carrier EUjet has suspended operations, a day after parent company PlaneStation was refused further bank credit.

EUjet, which is based at Kent International Airport near London, operates a fleet of five Fokker 100s to a number of European holiday destinations.

It is fully owned by UK-based airports operator PlaneStation, which yesterday suspended trading of its shares on the London stock exchange after its financial backer, Bank of Scotland, refused it any further credit.

A PlaneStation spokeswoman says: “All flights have been temporarily suspended from now on.”

The budget carrier has failed to meet its passenger forecasts, forcing PlaneStation to divest some of its assets to meet its EUjet’s higher-than-expected cash needs.

Source: Air Transport Intelligence news

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

It was always going to happen, it was just a matter of time. :(

Flex 35

Member for

20 years 10 months

EU Jet has indeed gone, apparantly the F100s are being ferried over to France.

A shame, but as Flex says, was always going to happen, apalling load factors, and the fact Manston is so far away from anywhere.

Quote from website, rather short, hidden away at the bottom of the page:

EUjet Alert

Alert

Please be advised that due to unforeseen circumstances EUjet has had to suspend all operations.
More details to follow shortly.

easyJet are now offering flights for £25 for people who were due to fly home on EUJet.

Member for

20 years 1 month

In the quote, it says Kent Intl, nr London, its really nowhere near London!!!

Member for

18 years 8 months

Shame... :(

I was hoping they would pull out of it and make a success of things. I wonder whether another airline will fill the gap at Manston? What airports do PlaneStation own? I suppose they will be sold off.

Here a tribute to the employees of EUJet...

Member for

19 years 5 months

What airports do PlaneStation own? I suppose they will be sold off.

Kent, Black Forest Lahr and some involvement at Melbourne (Florida). They did have a far larger network of airports at one point

Member for

20 years 10 months

Shame... :(

Here a tribute to the employees of EUJet...

And it's them I feel for. I have been there and it's awful when an airline you like working for goes under.

Good luck to them all.

1L.

Member for

19 years 8 months

And it's them I feel for. I have been there and it's awful when an airline you like working for goes under.

I know of some pilots who came from Jetmagic and went straight into EUJet. So again they are out of a job. :(

The plus side of things is that they will probably will be able to secure a job quite quickly because they have a Fokker 100 rating, and quite a few airlines are operating that aircraft at the moment.

Flex 35

Member for

24 years 2 months

Was there any connection between Jetmagic and EU Jet in terms of backers, financiers, CEO's etc etc ?

Member for

21 years

The plus side of things is that they will probably will be able to secure a job quite quickly because they have a Fokker 100 rating, and quite a few airlines are operating that aircraft at the moment.

Flex 35

Not really, noone in the UK operating them anymore, so it would require a move into Europe. The Fokker rating is pretty useless for a UK or Irish pilot.

Member for

19 years 8 months

Not really, noone in the UK operating them anymore, so it would require a move into Europe. The Fokker rating is pretty useless for a UK or Irish pilot.

Obvoiusly some will also be ERJ-135/145 rated, plenty of opertunity to move to bmi regional or BACX. I don't think they will be bothered where they go as they are out of a job, they probably will be wanting to find work quick.

Flex 35

Member for

20 years

easyJet to the rescue! Looks like easy are exploiting this and are offering passengers trips home from the continent.

Member for

19 years 10 months

New Update on stranded passengers & Jobs for Pilots.

Monarch Scheduled are now coming to the rescue along with Easyjet now for passengers stranded in europe.

Ryanair are also interviewing all EUjet pilots for vacancies at its irish bases.

Member for

21 years

More worry is that Planestation are the operators (owners?) of Manston, so is its future threatened? It does have a large freight handling side which might help find a buyer. Note this message on their website separating the airport from the airline. http://www.london-manston.com/
mmitch.

Member for

19 years 5 months

The airports will find a buyer. In respect of MSE, the local politicians want it kept open and flights restored and I think it would be a good airport for someone like Cityhopper or Peel

Member for

20 years 1 month

EU

Having been in their situation myself on more than one occasion my sympathy and best wishes go to all the staff .

Member for

24 years 2 months

Having been in their situation myself on more than one occasion my sympathy and best wishes go to all the staff .

Ditto, not nice.........hang in there guys. Best of luck to the staff. :(

Member for

19 years 8 months

Ryanair are also interviewing all EUjet pilots for vacancies at its irish bases.

Never one to miss a oppertunity Ryanair! :D

They were also asking Aer Arran and Cityjet crews as well to move to Ryanair for a base in DUB.

Flex 35

Member for

18 years 8 months

A shame, but as Flex says, was always going to happen, apalling load factors, and the fact Manston is so far away from anywhere.

Well not really Manston is surrounded by 5 towns and 1 city.

In the quote, it says Kent Intl, nr London, its really nowhere near London!!!

bit like stansted ,manston is the same distance as stansted to london.

regards
james