Saturday at SOU

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years 1 month

Not an airport that gets a lot of coverage but here are a few taken last Saturday.

Original post

Member for

20 years 5 months

Nice shots there paulc. Nice shot of the Privatair

Member for

21 years 1 month

The Privatair was a rumoured / surprise visitor and (i think) brought in passengers for a cruise ship (maybe QM2). The Canadian lear was a medical flight. Flybe are very common now with, at one point during the morning, 7 of their aircraft on the ground and with the other operators around there was maybe 1 spare stand.

Member for

20 years 2 months

I wonder how many of those FlyBes were running late. They are sucn an unpunctual airline.

Member for

20 years 11 months

SOU????????????????

Member for

19 years 5 months

SOU????????????????

SOU = Southampton

Great shots BTW

Member for

21 years 1 month

Steve,

SOU stands for Southampton - or as the locals call it Eastleigh International ;)
Very historic airfield - was a US Naval Air Station in WW1 and was where the first Spitfire flew in March 1936.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Nice shots Paul. I always thought BHX had a lot of Flybe's!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Where were you positioned Paul? Mark L and I were ontop of the big embankment which must have been a Sewer underneath and also it gave me terrible hay fever when we were last over!

Member for

21 years 1 month

andrewm,

I was on top of the car park and there is a cleanish window through which I took the photos in the stairwell. Now that the spectator area in the terminal has been used to form another part of the departure lounge there are very few places to go. Let me know when you are next likely to be there and I will look out for you.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Some excellent shots there, SOU looks like it gets some good traffic :).

Member for

21 years 1 month

LBArules,

well - it does but only at certain times - during the summer, Saturday mornings is ok with the Air Europa + Iberworld + Austrian but we do get Air Berlin as well (early am on 3 days / week). There is talk of Air Berlin adding new routes from SOU so fingers crossed it might be somewhere more interesting than Paderborne. Sunday pm can be ok with Aer Arun / Eastern Airlines + the usual Flybe etc.