LBA - Verona flight Changes

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 11 months

Hi

Just thought you might like to know as of tomorrow the Leeds/Bradford to Verona service will no longer be operated by Euro Manx RJ70'S

The based Astraeus B737-300 Machine will now operate the reminder of the programme for summer 2005.

Leaves LBA 06:15 as AEU925
Arrives LBA 11:20 as AEU926

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

Thanks for that LBA, the EMX service has been regularly heavily delayed, so its probably a good thing, shame to see it go though.

Member for

19 years 11 months

hi

Been thinking the Euro Manx RJ70 only had 70 seat onboard its aircraft while Astraeus have 148 seat's on its 737-300. These flight will be only have full. so i guess thomsons will have to sell a lot more holidays from LBA.

I do also know that the Astraeus had regionally appiled for these flights but Thomson Holidays gave them to Euro Manx. So if they do a good job for the reminder of the season (Which they probllay will do & Have done so far at LBA this Summer) Thomson Holidays might give the flights to verona for next year to Astraeus plus a bit more work in the week to say palces in Greece which are much needed at LBA. (And have been roumored for a couple of weeks)

Member for

20 years 11 months

Indeed yeah, where have flights to Greece been rumoured mate?

I think the AEU a/c could easily do a few Greek flights, just get rid of a couple of the whiskey patterns, get it working out of LBA on a Wednesday, and it could easily do HER,CFU,ZTH,KGS,RHO and maybe Tunisia? Another Turkish flight?

Though im not absolutely sure the demand for Greece is really there from LBA, ZTH is been pulled after a year, MyTravel soon dropped Rhodes and Heraklion after 2003.

The only long term Greece route is Thomson to Corfu.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Hi the roumored routes to greece are said to be operating for Olympic Holidays which are using Astraeus on the Cyprus -Larnaca Route on sundays this summer.

Anyway here are the roumored routes as follows.

Corfu,Heraklion-Crete, Rhodes, Zakynthos-Zante.

Member for

20 years 11 months

That would be great, and easily acheivable with the AEU based unit.

If I remember rightly, the LCA service this year only went ahead at the last minute didnt it?

If its done well for them, they might be eager to start more services, I meant to mention about using a smaller company on the Greece routes.

Where did you get this rumour from?

Member for

19 years 11 months

[QUOTE]Where did you get this rumour from?

Hi

From a mate who works for Astraeus at its Leeds & Manchester bases. Can't name names for specfic reason on these public notice boards.

LBArules I'll PM the name to you ok.

Hope this helps

Member for

20 years 11 months

Hiya LBA, thanks for the PM, I wasnt bothered about a name, just wondered if you had got it from a website or wherever.

Thanks anyway, ive heard of that guy before I think. :)