Flights to Fairford

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 5 months

Apologies if in the wrong forum but are there many charter flights to Fairford for the Tattoo like this one by Danish Air Transport from Copenhagen via Esjberg?

http://www.dat.dk/timetable.jsp?menuId=6&fromAirport=11&toAirport=13

Thanks

Humberside

Original post

Member for

19 years 10 months

I'm off there on Saturday, it's going to be a real challenge for me with my newish camera! But about the charter thing, I'm afraid I don't know! :(

Member for

19 years 7 months

RIAT Flights

Hi,
The usual BA flight from EGLL (LHR) was cancelled ages ago. The B747 is in operation over the weekend.
I would link you to the site but its down at the moment. From memory there was a couple you could have chosen.

Matt

Member for

20 years 10 months

air atlantique are doing a flight.

Member for

19 years 11 months

That's a real shame about the BA 747 being cancelled! For me that's one of the highlights of the show! I was disappointed to hear that. The 777 back in 2002 was great! If all their aircraft are busy on that weekend then I suppose there's not a lot they can do about it.

I hope BA will still come to the show though like they normally do with their stand.

I'm going there on Saturday too. This year I'm going with air cadets for the first time so it'll be even more interesting! Due to school and other commitments I was unable to attend the camp there - I was really annoyed about that... but I've got too much work at school and they wouldn't authorise it. I'd be there now if I'd gone on the camp. I'm making sure I go next year though!

Member for

21 years

Tomorrow Eastern Airways are positioning a Jetstream down from Humberside to operate a Fairford charter from Farnborough. Positoning flight is twice as long as the actual revenue flight :rolleyes:

Member for

19 years 10 months

I remember when I went in 2002 I think it was, or 2001, I remember seeing an Eastern Airways J41, also a BA B744, and a Martinair Charter DC-?

Member for

20 years 10 months

full list of day visitors and comercial flights. from http://www.airtattoo.com/airtattoo/showcontent.asp?CollectionID=@0000000317&ParentID=@0000000312

Commercial Visitor
AS355 Twin Squirrel LNT Aviation Ltd
ATR-42 Danish Air Transport
Beech 1900C Aria
Cessna 206 Rajair Ltd
DC-3 Dakota Air Atlantique
Dornier 328 Lions Air
EMB-110 Bandeirante Skydrift Ltd
Fokker 50 x2 KLM Cityhopper
PA31-350 Chieftain North Sea Airways
TB 20 Trinidad Graham Potts
Twin Pioneer Air Atlantique