Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loganair: GLA-DUB

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Humberside
    • Oct 2004

Loganair: GLA-DUB

http://www.sbpost.ie/breakingnews/br...5&n=3169262&x=

Scottish-based airline Loganair is to increase its presence in Ireland.

Loganair has announced that it is to add a daily flight between Dublin and Glasgow from July 22.

Prices will start at 99 return (including all taxes) and the service departs Dublin at 8.50am and arrives in Glasgow at 10am.

The return flight leaves Glasgow at 4.40pm, arriving into Dublin at 5.50pm.

Saturday and Sunday services depart Dublin at 10.50am and arrive in Glasgow at 12 noon.

Loganair which is based at Glasgow Airport is also to recommence its Derry-Manchester route, following the withdrawal of Aer Arann.

"Loganair now operates, as part of its franchise agreement with British Airways, scheduled services to more destinations across Ireland and Scotland than any other airline," said Jim Cameron, chief executive of Loganair.

"As well as adding the new Dublin Glasgow service, which I believe will be attractive to the business communities in both cities due to its convenient timings, we now have a significant presence in Knock, Cork and Derry, under the British Airways banner."
  • SHAMROCK321
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2004

Why would an airline as expierenced as BA/Loganair start a route which they know is going to be a complete and utter failure.

Aer Lingus already operate a day return schedule which provides good tmes for both GLA and DUB passengers and their fares are much much more competitive than what loganair are offering. The reason Aer Lingus fares are so low is the 2nd reason this airline will fail on this route and its Ryanair.

I belive Loganair may also be operating ORK-DUB which is a gold mine for Aer Arrann and will hopfully bring down the ridicously high fares that RE charge.

Comment

• by738
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Apr 2004

"Complete and utter failure" perhaps, but a neat way of utilising the ferry flight required to position an aircraft in DUB for the new DUB-ORK flights.

Comment

• Mark L
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Mar 2003

As by738 says the costs of this glorified positioning flight will easily be covered by the PSO money the Irish government pays them to run the new flights out of DUB.
        My recent and upcoming flights

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
        X