Swefly - LBA-Lahore... Demand outstripping Supply?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 10 months

Hiya,

As has been said in another thread, the usual LBA-Lahore operated by a Transwede RJ70, has been upgraded to this Air Finland 757 http://www.airliners.net/open.file/819412/L/.

I am also now reading rumours of Swefly wanting to carry cargo on the LBA services, it seems to be doing incredibly well. Anyone know if the 757 is a permanant fixture? And has Luton - Lahore also been operated by the 757?

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Well from a 82 seater to say a 180 seater, i say thats doing very well :D

Member for

19 years 5 months

Looks like Swefly are onto a winner here. No surprise either. The demand always has been there, just PIA stayed at MAN

Member for

20 years 10 months

Well from a 82 seater to say a 180 seater, i say thats doing very well :D

I imagine it had more than 180 in charter config :D.

I agree HUY - With the large Asian communities surrounding LBA it was always going to be a winner, lets just hope it continues and we eventually get a direct flight!

Nice that Swefly took the plunge even if it was via somewhere else, it was rumoured for years before they started.

Member for

24 years 2 months

It was me who posted it on the due movements, and as it came in from Helsinki not Skavsta there may be the possability it was just a one off due tech aircraft or alike.

Wait and see later in the week what continues to turn up!

Member for

20 years 10 months

I know it was you Steve, its great when you post the movements on the LBA group :)

Hope we continue to see bigger stuff - been rumours of 757s and 767s since it started, apparantly the RJ has always been full but has had a lack of luggage space.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Apparantly the 767 was in today, SE-RBV, reading now on Pprune that the 767 is to become regular on LBA-Lahore.

(No idea why, we dont have a Lahore service on a Sunday)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Apparantly the 767 was in today, SE-RBV, reading now on Pprune that the 767 is to become regular on LBA-Lahore.

(No idea why, we dont have a Lahore service on a Sunday)

On the freight side of things the 767 could remain a regular even if it isnt filled. With the containerised belly cargo capacity of the 767 it could be quite a handy venture.

Wonder if over the next few days 2 B767s on the ground may be seen at LBA a few times!

Member for

19 years 3 months

Sorry chaps. Apparently loads aint "brilliant". The 757 was a one off. Need some more decent loads Im afraid...

Member for

19 years 8 months

Hiya,

As has been said in another thread, the usual LBA-Lahore operated by a Transwede RJ70, has been upgraded to this Air Finland 757

Leeds to India on an Avro... :eek: My oh my! I have to go to India next month and I'm having problems persuading myself it'll be a good trip on an Emirates A330, so God help those poor punters. Do they pay passengers to travel, or is it a pennance for some terrible crime?

Andy

Member for

19 years 8 months

apparantly the RJ has always been full but has had a lack of luggage space.

No room for the whippets and flat caps, eh? :dev2:

Member for

21 years

Leeds to India on an Avro... :eek: My oh my! I have to go to India next month and I'm having problems persuading myself it'll be a good trip on an Emirates A330, so God help those poor punters. Do they pay passengers to travel, or is it a pennance for some terrible crime?

Andy

India! Your gonna be in trouble there Andy!

Member for

20 years 10 months

Sorry chaps. Apparently loads aint "brilliant". The 757 was a one off. Need some more decent loads Im afraid...

I've heard quite the opposite, apparantly the 767 is going to be regular at least twice a week, with rumours of the route going daily. As Steve says, apparantly they are making a bomb out of cargo even if the a/c isnt completely full.

Andy - 1st of all, its Pakistan not India ;).

And secondly the RJ70 is just LBA-Skavsta and then connect to a rather better 767 in Skavsta. (Although as ive already said, a 757 operated the route on Saturday.)

Member for

19 years 3 months

Forget my previous reply. It was meant as a joke but I forgot the smiley ;)
Plus I was absolutely drunk ;)

Member for

20 years 10 months

LOL - Just read that the 767 positioned inbound yesterday to operate todays outbound with no inbound flight today. Also read that the 757 was completely full on Saturday.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Hi

I,ve been told by a mate who works up at LBA that all flights to Lahore from LBA on swefly have been fully booked all way upto September.

To back this up!
Look at the www.swetravel.co.uk website which sells seats in the UK for swefly.com. You can book seats from London Luton but is not selling flights fom LBA.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Im not sure how much the lack of flight avaliable on the website from LBA means you cant book seats up to next February, now I dont care how well its doing, not every single seat would be filled for the next 7 months!

Though I do believe you about them been full, PIA will be pig sick!

Member for

20 years 10 months

Just been up to LBA for a couple of hours, SE-RBV (The 767-200), is still flying LBA-NYO, very impressive stopping performance on 32, all of the Jet2 733s needed more room to stop!

First time I have seen two 767s (Or any widebodies), at LBA on the same day, there was also the regular Thomson 767 which this week was G-BRIF.

Also enjoyed seeing Hertz :D.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Great news; I am always pleased to see smaller regional airports supporting long haul flights. Considering the obvious demand I am amazed that PIA completely missed the boat here; they even have suitable a/c in the A310 (I assume 777/747 too big)

Member for

20 years 10 months

Agreed, PIA have focused all their attention on MAN, I would imagine this service will be stealing a fair few pax from MAN, I imagine the prices are decent?

Lets hope it goes non stop eventually, if they get another 767 or two ;), I also understand the 767 has been operating some of the Luton feeder flights.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Just to let you all know that the swefly B767-200 is due at LBA today at 15:55 from Lahore. By looks of thing is looking like a night stop as well cause it not on the LBA departure boards.

So again It's not going to London Luton on a Sunday as it is ment to be.

Looks like things are really going well for swefly at LBA.

Next Flights
13/09/05 BE730 Leeds/Bradford - Belfast City Flybe.com Dash8-Q400
13/09/05 LS328 Belfast International - Leeds/Bradford Jet2.com B737-300
16/09/05 LS195 Leeds/Bradford - Prague Jet2.com B737-300
19/09/05 LS196 Prague - Leeds/Bradford Jet2.com B737-300