A visit to London City

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 6 months

A 2 hour visit yesterday evening produced 8 VLM Fokker 50s!! and a few other nice bits.Viewed from the University riverside, no problems.

Original post

Member for

21 years

Nice shots, interesting to see that Falcon 10 there, I wasnt aware that the type was LCY certified but a quick check on the LCY site confirms that it is.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Excellent shots, VLM really are dominant at LCY.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Do any jet aircraft visit LCY?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Excellent shots! :)

I actually snapped that very same CityJet 146 at CDG on 19 June.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Do any jet aircraft visit LCY?

The 146 is a jet :confused:

Member for

20 years 10 months

LOL @ Michael, unless you call the engines on the 146 'hairdryers';).

The two biz jets in the shots are also jets!

Member for

21 years

Nearly half the shots were of jet aircraft :rolleyes:

Member for

18 years 11 months

Badly phrased. I mean 737's/A319's?

Member for

24 years 2 months

No, they don't (the runway is too short, I'm afraid... )

Member for

21 years

Not a case of a short runway, or even a case of the incredibly steep glideslope, its a lack of suitable parking stands for aircraft of that size. The airport are actively looking at ways of at least certifying the 318 and possibly the 319, as their STOL and steep approach performance is already tried and tested.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Aren't jets (bar the 146) banned from LCY because of noise abatement rules? I maybe wrong :confused:

Great pictures by the way :)

Member for

21 years

Aren't jets (bar the 146) banned from LCY because of noise abatement rules? I maybe wrong :confused:

Either another bad choice of words or another failure to read the thread. Note all the biz jets!!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Nope, you're wrong. The list of Business Jets now permitted is long and growing.

Luxair operate their Embraer RJ135's into LCY (as did JetMagic before their early demise). Air France and KLM have over the years used Fokker 70s on servcies into LCY, the type is still permitted. Mark L is absolutely correct, it is likely that A318s and A319s could be certified at soe point, even with the current parking arrangements although plans will be drawn up eventually for alterations to parking.

The DO328Jet is also certified for the LCY and has been used in the past by scheduled operators. I'm trying to think if there are anymore...see this page for all aircraft types..

http://www.lcacc.org/aircraft/index.html

Member for

21 years

The Embraer 170 is also late on into its certification trials, I would expect an announcement on that front fairly shortly as they've been trialling it in various locations for quite a long time now.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The Embraer 170 is also late on into its certification trials, I would expect an announcement on that front fairly shortly as they've been trialling it in various locations for quite a long time now.

Indeed from the outset Embraer have intended to certify the type for LCY, with the SWISS order being dependant on this!

Member for

19 years 5 months

Nope, you're wrong. The list of Business Jets now permitted is long and growing.

Luxair operate their Embraer RJ135's into LCY (as did JetMagic before their early demise). Air France and KLM have over the years used Fokker 70s on servcies into LCY, the type is still permitted. Mark L is absolutely correct, it is likely that A318s and A319s could be certified at soe point, even with the current parking arrangements although plans will be drawn up eventually for alterations to parking.

The DO328Jet is also certified for the LCY and has been used in the past by scheduled operators. I'm trying to think if there are anymore...see this page for all aircraft types..

http://www.lcacc.org/aircraft/index.html

Ahaa I see, thanks, thought I was wrong :o

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ahaa I see, thanks, thought I was wrong :o

LOL, thats ok, unless you ask you're never gonna be certain. The noise constraints on LCY are tight, but most smaller aircraft and those with the latest engines tend to be relatively quiet and can easily meet the requirements.

The airport is closed on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning to allow the locals some peace and quiet. Due to the nature of the business they handke this is not really a problem though.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Some great pics there

Member for

18 years 10 months

Can I ask what University is by LCY?

Member for

24 years 2 months

The university across the dock from LCY is UEL, the University of East London.