Just a few....

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Just a few from the delightfully named Nottingham East Midlands Airport. Believe me you wouldn't like to walk to Nottingham.

Rumour is that if Ryanair start up at NEMA they will be calling it Glasgow South.

Regards,

kev35

Attachments
Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

Great shots Kev, don't hear or see a great deal about this airport on this forum. Is that the airport where the BMI 737 crashed just short of the field after shutting down the wrong engine

Member for

20 years

That's the very place, Steve.

It was known as East Midlands or Castle Donington in those days - before the management consultants got hold of it and changed the name.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Was that the Belfast flight 737 thingy?

Member for

20 years 11 months

Excellent shots Kev, always love seeing G-OOOG, reminds me to my trip to paradise :).

Member for

19 years 5 months

Nice shots

Member for

20 years 1 month

nice ones Kev, i wouldnt bother walking to Nottingham, crap city, Derby much better

Member for

19 years

Nice shots Kev

Member for

19 years 9 months

Just a few from the delightfully named Nottingham East Midlands Airport... Rumour is that if Ryanair start up at NEMA they will be calling it Glasgow South.

Close Kev, but not close enough... Ryanair already operate from the airport, and they want it to be renamed "Birmingham NorthEast" ;)

A

Member for

19 years 9 months

i wouldnt bother walking to Nottingham, crap city, Derby much better

Ahem! :rolleyes: Not to stray off topic too far, but Derby is a dump - if Derby was so good, the airport would be called "Derby East Midlands" but it isn't. Only thing Derby has going for it right now is a better football team than either Nottingham or Leicester, although that will change again soon!

Andy

Member for

19 years 9 months

Close Kev, but not close enough... Ryanair already operate from the airport, and they want it to be renamed "Birmingham NorthEast" ;)

A

I heard they was going to call it Belfast East :rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 9 months

All these Ryanair jokes become slowly more hilarious as the years go on :rolleyes:

Nice work Kev.

Member for

24 years 3 months

A

Ah. I see now. So, is Coventry to be called Birmingham South or London Gatwick North?

Regards,

kev35

Member for

21 years

Not to stray off topic too far, but Derby is a dump

On the face of it, Derby may not appear as attractive as Nottingham, but I find few UK cities as threatening as Nottingham. Its a good looking city, fine shops, great concert venues, but for some reason Nottingham seems to attract vagrants and junkies in huge numbers, continually hassling and begging...spent an entertaining time last year, locked inside my car, waiting to pick up son number 1 from a concert at Rock City watching the drug deals very openly going on in front of me.

And vaguely back on topic, always thought Coventry = EGBE = Birmingham East. As for EMA, what about Kegworth International, should stop all the local bickering!

Member for

20 years 1 month

Only thing Derby has going for it right now is a better football team than either Nottingham or Leicester, although that will change again soon!

Andy

Indeed with the way things are going in my football club, bloody Ilkeston Town will be better than us

OK Back to planes

Member for

20 years 1 month

what about Kegworth International, should stop all the local bickering!

Indeed or Castle Donington International. All the motorsport fans know where it would be then!