NCL on 30th June

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

As mentioned before im flying to NCL on 30th June but just had to change booking due to a course i am on currently. Plan is to arrive at 0920 and go back on the 1355 flight to Belfast with my favourite loco!

Any advice? Anyone want to meet up?

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

I didn't think BFS-NCL-BFS would be A319?

Member for

19 years 3 months

It isnt, all BFS flights to/from NCL, operated using a NCL based 73G

Member for

20 years 2 months

It isnt, all BFS flights to/from NCL, operated using a NCL based 73G

Very true :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

this was pointed out before, but im ever the optimist and just lazy too. im going to take a spanner to the based 737s night before and hope for the best.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Be warned, as there is a strike coming up, or already on at the minute, by ground staff, causing many flights to be delayed. Would love to meet, sadly I'm on study leave then, have a nice time though.

Member for

24 years 2 months

strike :S i have to be back at my desk fro 6pm!! Tight already!! erm anyone know more details??

Member for

20 years 1 month

According to NCL webby, looks like it's alright mate.

Member for

20 years 4 months

BBC news

Airport workers set strike dates
Workers at Newcastle Airport are to strike during the summer.
Members of the Transport and General Workers Union (TGWU) and Unison voted last week to strike after talks to resolve an ongoing pay dispute failed.

On Tuesday it was announced there will be a 48-hour strike from 30 June, two one-day ones on 11 and 16 July and a further 48-hour strike on 23 July.

A spokeswoman for the Airport said attempts would be made to keep disruption for travellers to a minimum.

The action includes security staff, firefighters and airside workers.

TGWU organiser Graham Eastwood said: "The pay offer is unacceptable. This is the fastest growing regional airport in the country and the airport staff have helped to make it that way.

Skeleton service

"They deserve some recognition for their hard work and a pay deal which is no more than the rate of inflation is not enough.

"We have to take action in order to maximise the claim that our members are putting through."

The Airport spokeswoman said: "We are reviewing contingency plans to minimise any disruption of services to the public and further statements will be made in due course. The airport continues to operate as normal."

Chris Davies, the manager of Air Traffic Services said: "We do have contingency plans in place.

"There are over 300 staff on site so there are still about 120 staff who are not involved in this process. It is not a total walkout as such."

Member for

20 years 1 month

U Oh!

Member for

19 years 3 months

Unlucky for you Andrew :(

Member for

19 years 1 month

You might get to visit DurhamTeesValley instead if your flight gets diverted (which I'm hoping some do!)

Scott

Member for

24 years 2 months

If i told you my reply to reading this thread id be banned from here! Mmm its BFS based (isnt it?) so im hoping minimal delays.

Member for

19 years 8 months

Erm it's already been posted it's a NCL based NG, if thats what your talking about Andrew.

Enjoy it. :)

Member for

20 years 1 month

Oh well, Good Luck mate!

Member for

24 years 2 months

At Least i know someone who is orange and can get me booked onto a BFS flight via London at short notice for nothing :diablo: :diablo: Fingers crossed i wont need it mind!

Right so where is best to spot?

Member for

20 years 4 months

Good luck with your plans Andrew.

I depart Newcastle on the 2nd of July at 06:15, 15 minutes after the strike finishes. Only one problem though, the inbound flight from the night before might not get into Newcastle so I might have a long delay.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Might not get into Newcastle? Erm what is the deal with this strike as I am a bit confused. Who is striking? Is Aviance striking or do they do in house aircraft handling?