On board photos

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ever wondered what a crew rest area looks like? Well the first photo is taken from inside the flightdeck looking back out the door. In front is the forward galley but on the left is the flightdeck crew rest area where you can just make out 2 bunks.

The second photo shows the touch screen FAP (forward attendant panel) where the senior cabin crew member can pull up various system pages such as door status, cabin lighting, cabin temperature, water and waste, etc and make adjustments as necessary. One of the annoying bits on the 757 was the cabin crew constantly ringing you to get the temperature changed in various parts of the cabin (you could never get a happy medium) whereas on the bus you just select a suitable temperature on the flightdeck at the beginning of the flight and the cabin crew can adjust each zone within set tolerances on this panel. Much easier.

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

Interesting, thanks for sharing.
Do you manage to get much sleep in the bunks?

Member for

24 years 2 months

200 hours in the last year!

Member for

20 years 10 months

I've heard the same complaint about the 737's regarding the FA's and temperature control. We can slave the temperature control to the FA control panel by their jumpseat so they can play with it to their hearts content. If for whatever reason they are having trouble managing the temperature as some aircraft don't cooperate we can take control back and set it up front. Then we are called every 30 minutes or so with a new request especially after a climb or start of the decent when the engine power settings are greatly changed.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Can't wait to get back on a 757, I'm A32x'd out! This year i've flown twice on VZ 320 and once on MON 321. Due out to ACE next thursday on a KM 320,

I think I may be alright for 15th December as I'm on TCX fron BHX-ACE.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Wys, I wonder how often the Cabin Crew need to change the cabin temperature. On the minibus the temperature is always the same and never needs to be altered.

1L.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Wys,

What about a Cabin Crew Photos Thread with some sort of rating system :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

The 757 suffered badly from the filters covering the cabin temperature sensors getting blocked with dust and fluff. consequently you'd end up with each end of the same section of cabin suffering from different temperature extremes with one controller to set both temps! Magnify that 3 times (due to the number of sections on board) and you end up inundated with cabin crew interphone requests for temp changes. The bus doesn't seem to suffer from clogged filters (as 1L says) so the temps seem to remain constant and the only changes our crew make on their own panels are in order to aid sleep at night time.

Interesting to see that Embraer have used the same system principle.