MAN 11-06-05

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

A spur of the moment trip to MAN had been in the offing some time and today seemed a good enough day to do it. A relatively trouble free journey up the M6 followed by a nice little cross country journey to Alderley Edge and Wilmslow (where the posh people live) and it was under the runway tunnels and right into the AVP. Very busy when I arrived at 3:15 and the first a/c I saw was a Luxair Embraer but I didn't get the opportunity to take a pic as I needed to be errr.... elsewhere at the time. Sorted myself out and it was all systems go. The aircraft were taking off on 06L and landing on 06R.

I'll post the pics in batches of three as the forum software never seems to allow me to post ten at a time.

Some of the pictures suffered from heat haze (in Manchester? In June?)

Air Berlin F100
AF A320 which didn't get the gear up until it had turned 180 degrees and was abeam the airfield.
Cessna Twin.

Enjoy.

Regards,

kev35

Attachments
Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Two shots of Excel 737 G-XLAH and a Dragonair 747.

Attachments

Member for

19 years 10 months

It seems you were there when I was, I was watching the AF take off, wondering if it was just my imagination that the wheels hadn't gone up. Nice work :)

Member for

20 years 11 months

Very nice shots Kev.

I was watching a Jet2 733 depart for Venice at LBA last week, I followed it until it got into the cloud where I couldnt see it with my binoculars, and it still hadnt put its landing gear up.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Two more of a Dragonair 747 and a KLM F100 departing.

Attachments

Member for

20 years 9 months

Some grand shots there Kev :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Here we have a Monarch A321, an orderly queue and the first of a few of the PIA 747.

Attachments

Member for

19 years

Great shots Kev

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thanks for the comments guys.

Manairportmad. I did think I'd seen you there but wasn't sure whether it was you. I thought you were usually down at the pub end anyway.

Another shot of the PIA 747 and a SAS MD something or other (or is it a Boeing now :confused: ?)

I make no aplogies for the poor quality of the final PIA 747 shot but he seemed one hell of a way down the runway before he came unstuck!

Back with more later.

Regards,

kev35

Attachments

Member for

20 years 9 months

The PIA 747s are known for their long departures. :D is that correct MAN regulers? ;) :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

bmibaby in the visit Wales scheme. Best I could get with the heat haze.

Aer Lingus 737.

Onur Air A321.

Attachments

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ryanair 732.

Concorde. Still believe it's one of the ugliest aircraft ever designed but there is no denying the techmological achievement in building the world's only supersonic airliner to achieve regular service. Being so close you really do appreciate the complex curves of the wing structure.

My Travel 757.

Attachments

Member for

20 years

Yes, very nice work there Kev. :)

is that correct MAN regulers?
Oh, yes! :eek: