Anything Good in MAN on 14th June?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

I am going spotting to MAN this Tuesday, is there anything good due? Does the Syrian 747SP still fly in? That is one plane I want to bag.

Original post

Member for

19 years 10 months

Don't think there is anything special coming in, but knowing MAN, something will pop up ;)

Member for

19 years 11 months

The Syrian flight is usually operated by A320s these days, Comet.

However, the currently-hangared Challenger 300 A6-SMS is due to depart on Tuesday, so it's worth keeping your eyes peeled.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks for the replies. Pity about the Syrian, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Challenger.

Member for

19 years 11 months

If I hear of anything else, Comet, I'll PM you. :)

Member for

18 years 9 months

Hi Comet.

I suppose it depends what you mean by 'anything good', as i have friends at LHR who are still looking for things that i no longer look twice at.

There are probably some local aircraft that you need as well, so this is not the ultimate list, just a few of the more desirable arrivals scheduled. Remember things often change so dont shoot the messenger.

Happy Spotting!

American Airlines B752, AA096, ETA 0710, ETD 1000
Continental Airlines B762, CO020, ETA 0740, ETD 0930
Maersk Air B73G, DM105, ETA 0740, ETD 0820
Estonian B735, OV115, ETA 0915, ETD 1000
Continental Airlines B752, CO100, ETA 0955, ETD 1330
Emirates B772, EK017, ETA 1215, ETD 1400
Sky Europe B735, NE186, ETA 1345, ETD 1425
Onur Air A321, OHY817, ETA 1505, ETD 1630
Croatian Airlines A320, OU504, ETA 1710, ETD 1800

P.S. One of the Syrian SP's was in Heathrow yesterday ;-)

~gb~

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hi Comet.

I suppose it depends what you mean by 'anything good', as i have friends at LHR...

'Something special' to me is something I wouldn't see at Heathrow. After so many visits, I tend to get a bit bored with the same old traffic everyday, something that many of you members based further north would probably crave!

I think since I've only spent time at Heathrow, the highlight of Manchester in August for me is going to be seeing the charters and hopefully an American 757 if there are any about. Constant 777s down here get tiresome!

Member for

20 years 8 months

'Something special' to me is something I wouldn't see at Heathrow. After so many visits, I tend to get a bit bored with the same old traffic everyday, something that many of you members based further north would probably crave!

How right you are! :D

Member for

19 years 5 months

T5 makes a good point. Although there are plenty of things we see here in London often which you wouldn't normally see in Manchester or Glasgow, for example, other things are rare for us. For example the Swiss E145s rarely came to Heathrow. I don't think an Alitalia E170 has been to Heathrow yet, but they are regularly at BHX. Portugalia? No chance! Wideroe? Only in Newcastle and Aberdeen Ithink (since they pulled out of MAN). The LOT E170s are also rare. American 757s do not come to any of the London airports. I have to admit that my occasional trips to BHX or MAN are a breath of fresh air because there are plenty of airlines/airliners we do not see in the London area.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks for the replies :D Estonian and Sky Europe would be great, I've not bagged them before. As someone who does not get much chance to go spotting, I am happy with most things at MAN, but there are some there that I've got loads of times, like the World Tail Dash 8s. Portugalia would be good as well, as I've never seen them and certainly an ERJ170 would top it! I saw one in BRU last year but did not get chance to get a photo of it, so I'm still waiting patiently for that one :D I just hope the weather will not be too bad.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Comet,

What will be good tomorrow is the BY flight to Cancun - it'll be good as I'll be on it.

Make sure you give me a wave!! :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Comet,

What will be good tomorrow is the BY flight to Cancun - it'll be good as I'll be on it.

Make sure you give me a wave!! :)

Will do :D Hope you have a great trip :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

I just checked the train times and I should get there around 09:15, going on the earliest train from Scarborough which is direct to the airport. Got the video charged and plenty of memory cards and spare batteries for the camera, so I am all set :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

I got back not long ago. Brilliant day with some superb sightings, will post a full report when I get things sorted. My best spotting at MAN yet :D :D :D :D :D