Germanwings experiences, anyone?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years

Has anyone here flown on Germanwings lately?

I will, on 17 June, on their new service from Berlin Schönefeld to Stockholm. What kind of service can I expect (none, probably, but I'm satisfied as long as the crew is smiling), how are the check-in/seating arrangements?

My own airline insists on flying Q400 to Berlin. I'd rather take the car than fly Q400... but it's too expensive so I'm going lo-co which is exciting. :)

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Flown with them 2 years ago now. One of the flights was my best ever, as the crew couldn't stop laughing... After a bad joke in the cabin.
As for seating, be early at the airpport, if you want to choose your seat. That works inside Germany. Abroad, it is a bit chaotic.

Apart of that, a regular lo-co, with usually very sympathic crews.

Member for

20 years 1 month

I flew with them last yeat from Gatwick to Cologne. They are an excellent loco, with a great in-flight service, cheap too, great leather seats, and the aircraft usually are clean and tidy!
Enjoy your trip with them!

Member for

20 years 2 months

Germanwings are a free seating airline and just because you get their early doesnt mean you can board first espeically at an airport which isnt a base.

Member for

24 years 2 months

What I meant, in one of their "big" airports in Germany, when you arrive at the counter, you are given a card with a number (that you must give back ;) ) . This card puts you in a group. The lesser the number, the bigger the chance to get the seat you want..

Member for

24 years 2 months

I flew with them Stansted - Munchen last year. Can't have been an eventful flight, as I don't really remember much about it, so that's a good sign. :)

Member for

20 years

Thanks everyone!