bmi Regional - Service?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 8 months

Hey,

Flying on bmi Regional for the first time next Thursday (GLA-MAN) should be operated by a Embraer 145. Just wondering what there service is like on the "Regional" operation?

What is the seating like on the ERJ 145, how many cabin crew will there be (1 or 2)? And also what snack can I expect to get (biscuit or sandwich)?

Any help would be great! :)

Cheers
Flex 35

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

When i flew with them in October, as Matt says its 2 + 1 config, there were 3 cabin crew on both legs with me, and we were given a drink and a "snack" which was a biscuit, and that was on the midday flight!

ERJ's are great little aircraft!

Member for

18 years 11 months

Embraer's are fantastic aircraft! The seating configuration is also very suitable...

Member for

19 years 8 months

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Really looking forward to my first flight on an Embraer. What seat would you say is the best to choose, I would like to be seated behind the wing but not have the view obscured by the engine! Hoping to use the self check in @ GLA.

Cheers
Flex 35

Member for

20 years 1 month

For a wing view, i'd choose either 15A or 8A. Excellent view of the wing in action there!

Member for

20 years 1 month

Yep agree with Matt there. The ERJ is one of the quietest aircraft inside imo

Member for

18 years 11 months

The last seat on 717's are covered by the engine aren't they? Must be terrible.

Member for

24 years 2 months

A great little aircraft? They are sleek to look at, but the seating is tight and there certainly isn't much room in the cabin! Tryu and get bumped into seat 1A if you can - thats the best one!

Member for

20 years 1 month

I wouldnt go to 1A, yes you get a window, but the galley is right next to you, so all you see is the cabin crew gossiping etc! Its a busy area too, if u want some piece and quiet

Member for

19 years 8 months

Thanks for the help and info.

Do you know what bmi Regional's policy is for flightdeck visits?

I'll write a trip report of my flights when I return. :)

Regards
Flex 35

Member for

20 years 1 month

Well i got a visit when i went to EDI last year, just ask in-flight if you can pop in when on the ground!

I got a happy captain who was delighted to welcome me on board RJXI's deck!

Member for

21 years

Flight Deck visits always depend on the attitude of the cabin crew. In my experience Flight Deck crews always want you on, however many of the cabin crew you speak to think its against policy to visit the deck at any stage. This was illustrated very well when wannabe pilot and I flew LHR-MAN-LHR with bmi on G-MIDH both ways. On LHR-MAN we asked, cabin crew checked with captain first, and we were welcomed in, asked loads of question, sat in the seats, got photos etc. MAN-LHR we asked, and the cabin crew refused to ask and said it was against company policy!

Member for

24 years 2 months

I've travelled on the last row (usually 18) on the EMB145 and the engines don't come over the window. You usually end up on the last row if your stand-by with another carrier, as I usually was!

Here's a link to a typical EMB145 seat plan

As for service, I travelled bmi regional on EMA-BRU-EMA only a few weeks ago, and it was the usual choice of sandwich and a bar drink and tea or coffee.

The 145 can operate with as little as 1 cabin crew member, but usually always has 2. There are two crew jump seats, one at the main boarding door and one which pulls out from behind seats 18 E&F. Therefore, if you get the last row, you have to climb over the hostie if you ever had to get out and he/she was still in their seat!

Member for

19 years 8 months

Hopefully I will get a visit on bmi Regional. I totally agree on what you are saying Mark, its mostly down to the cabin crew. If you get crew that are up there own arses they will always say its against company policy.

I think its best to ask for a visit after the flight, I have found if you ask during the flight the cabin crew presume that you want an "in-flight" visit and mostly say no.

Thanks for the info My340. I don't think getting a good seat will be a problem because MAN-GLA-MAN flights are rarely full to the brim.

Cheers for the help. :)

Flex 35

Member for

20 years 1 month

I’m flying bmi Regional LBA-CDG-LBA in a few weeks, will this be a ERJ 145? I heard that the ERJ is sort of a development of the EMB120, will the cabin be the same?

Member for

19 years 8 months

I’m flying bmi Regional LBA-CDG-LBA in a few weeks, will this be a ERJ 145? I heard that the ERJ is sort of a development of the EMB120, will the cabin be the same?

Yes this should be a ERJ 145. Cabin should look like this (minus the leather seats) http://www.airliners.net/open.file/788777/M/

Flex 35

Member for

20 years 1 month

Thanks Flex 35!