Lufthansa Special Scheme - No, Not THAT One!!!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 11 months

I noticed this during a swift post-work visit to Ringway this evening. Who or what is a "Lu"? :confused:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Grey_Area/D-AILU_260505.jpg

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Could be Lufthansa's new "mascot" ?? Lu??

Member for

19 years 8 months

This logo jet has been around for years. "Lu" is the mascot of Lufthansa's child program.

Flex 35

Member for

20 years 1 month

It certainly is Luthansa's mascot, apparently they sell "Lu" merchandise onboard aircraft. Source = My uncle who flew with them last year :D

Also photos on A.net dating well into 2001 with this sticker on board

Member for

20 years 1 month

flex got there just before me :D

Member for

19 years 8 months

Yep I did! :D ;)

Flex 35

Member for

24 years 2 months

Lu is from a German child program ("Der Maus" I believe it's called). Next to this A319 there is also A321 D-AIRY featuring a mouse.

"Der Maus" is a program explaining stuff. And in one of their episodes they explained how planes where made. The two planes they used to explain it where A319 D-AILU and A321 D-AIRY.

Initially the planes flew in the regular livery. But after a lot of letters where send in by kids, LH decided to honour Lu and "Der Maus" on the airbusses featured in the program.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Thank you, gentlemen. :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Are they fuselages behind 'Lu' and next to the fuel farm? If so, what are they? Bulldogs? PA28's?

Regards,

kev35

Member for

19 years 8 months

To quote from Lufthansa:

Lu´s World
With our new cabin service concept Lu's World Lufthansa's young passengers have a great time!

Lu's World means delicious meals, games, and fun while flying. In cooperation with the Children's Book publishing company in Munich, the popular TV chef Johann Lafer and the professional chef Hermann Pflaum, we've developed new menus which children around the world have chosen and tested. So depending on the time of day, young gourmets on Lufthansa flights can enjoy various delicacies.

The menus offer for example:

Breakfast:
Filled mouse-shaped rolls
Pancakes with apple purée
Quark-sesame balls with
vanilla and raspberry sauce

Lunch and supper:
Raw vegetables plate, carrot lasagne
Poultry sausages with carrot gratin
Mixed fried rice
Chocolate mousse or vanilla pudding

We offer children's menus on most Lufthansa flights. Please order a menu when you book your flight, or at the latest 24 hours before take-off, at the Lufthansa Call Center, Tel. 0180-5 83 84 26.

We also provide for plenty of variety after children have had their meals. We offer them sketchbooks and colored pencils, recipes by Johann Lafer that they can try out at home, new games, Lu Shoulder bags and glove puppets, matchbox cars, puzzles, card games, and souvenirs with Lu themes to collect. It all makes a flight with Lufthansa an unforgettable experience for children.

Flex 35

Member for

19 years 11 months

Are they fuselages behind 'Lu' and next to the fuel farm?
No, Kev. They're engines under tarps in the MyTech compound.

Member for

20 years 2 months

My good freind mousey who seems to follow me around Europe. Ive seen him in London and Barcelona so Id love to get a go on him soon.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Lu is from a German child program ("Der Maus" I believe it's called). Next to this A319 there is also A321 D-AIRY featuring a mouse.

"Der Maus" is a program explaining stuff. And in one of their episodes they explained how planes where made. The two planes they used to explain it where A319 D-AILU and A321 D-AIRY.

Initially the planes flew in the regular livery. But after a lot of letters where send in by kids, LH decided to honour Lu and "Der Maus" on the airbusses featured in the program.

Not quite right.

Lu is the symbol of the Lufthansa child program.

The mouse (Die Maus) is on D-AIRY is there because htis german childrens TV program (Die Sendung mit der Maus) had been fllowing that plane from the cutting of the first metal to the first flight with Lufthansa and had devoted on series to that aircraft.

There is no direct connection between both symbols.