First Revenue A380 Flight

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 10 months

Does anyone out there know if it is yet possible to book tickets for the first revenue A380 flight with launch customer Singapore Airlines? As a young aviation enthusiast, who missed a lot to do with Concorde, I would love to be a part of this revolution in air travel. Are there any companies ready to take the money from us keen "Anoraks" as i once was called!

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ian Allan Travel are advertising the trip now, but its not clear if they are taking bookings yet. Worth following up I guess :)

Member for

19 years 9 months

My understanding is that they have already received 10 times as many requests as they will have seats and that they are talking about drawing lots (of course VIPs and other invitees will occupy many of the seats anyway).

Andy

Member for

21 years 1 month

Understand from people in the Industry that seats/tickets are well and truly accounted for as Companies have been securing places for their customers/workers/shareholders. Which lets face it is only to be exspected.

Paul

Member for

20 years 6 months

The first rev flight will depend on when airbus actualy deliver the thing.

So far, initial delivery has been pushed back until the latter half of 2006.
My suggestion is if you do manage to get tickets... keep your travel plans flexible.

Member for

20 years 6 months

Always a dampner of proceeding. Eh, Sandy? :P

if being realistic qualifies as dampning proceedings.. then so be it ;)

Member for

20 years 11 months

This thread reminded me of an amusing true story concerning the last Qantas 707 revenue flight

Qantas flew it's last 707 trans Tasman service, Auckland/Sydney, in 1979.
Some weeks prior to the flight it became obvious that demand would exceed seat availability as airliner buffs near and far booked for what would be a sentimental journey.
Qantas in Auckland telexed head office: "Due heavy demand by aviation buffs for seats on final 707 flight (QF44 AKL-SYD 25 MAR ) suggest substitute 747."

Member for

24 years 3 months

This thread reminded me of an amusing true story concerning the last Qantas 707 revenue flight

Some weeks prior to the flight it became obvious that demand would exceed seat availability as airliner buffs near and far booked for what would be a sentimental journey.
Qantas in Auckland telexed head office: "Due heavy demand by aviation buffs for seats on final 707 flight (QF44 AKL-SYD 25 MAR ) suggest substitute 747."

Did they actually put a 747 on?

Member for

20 years 11 months

Did they actually put a 747 on?

No, but apparently they had a good laugh in Sydney

Member for

20 years 6 months

LMAO!

great anecdote!

Member for

24 years 3 months

hahaha classic!