Bmi Seating Plans

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the best Economy Cabin Seat on a bmi Airbus A321. Im flying with them on Monday and Tuesday with one of the legs being economy so ideally would like to sit over the engine so can see reverse thrusting!

Just row will do so i can work out on the day what side to sit on!

Andrew

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Use the electronic check-in to find out what the first row of economy is. Its normally row four or five, but you often find that it is still in business class configuration, so it's only 2-2 and not 3-3.

Other than that, go for seats 8E and 8F. There isn't a G, so you get piles of extra space to your right.

:)

Member for

20 years 11 months

There isnt a G? There wouldnt be anyway would they, it would just be ABCDEF ?

Member for

24 years 3 months

There isnt a G? There wouldnt be anyway would they, it would just be ABCDEF ?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a dumb-arse. :rolleyes:

I meant to say there isn't an F, so go for D and E!

Thanks for that! ;)

Member for

20 years 2 months

I flew on a bmi A321 a few years ago DUB-LHR and it was quite nice. I was right over the wing and that along with the magical approach that Heathrow 27L provides was amazing espeically at night. Only one thing I didnt like and that was that red carpet.

Member for

24 years 3 months

If you land on any of the 27s, you're in for a fantastic approach. The views over London when I flew in on 27R last month were absolutely incredible. It was an almost clear day, so I saw everything from up there.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Use the electronic check-in to find out what the first row of economy is. Its normally row four or five, but you often find that it is still in business class configuration, so it's only 2-2 and not 3-3.

Other than that, go for seats 8E and 8F. There isn't a G, so you get piles of extra space to your right.

:)

So if i take first row of economy say in seat A that would give good views over the engine? If runway 27 is in use which is best side to sit on and likewise for 09?

Thanks for help btw :)

Member for

20 years 2 months

I dont think theres much to see on approach to 09L except some waste units or what ever they are called. If your on the Right side approaching 09L you can see departures waiting for 09R and a good view of what will become T5.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Sorry, I'm a bit of a dumb-arse. :rolleyes:

I meant to say there isn't an F, so go for D and E!

Thanks for that! ;)

Hehe, no probs mate :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

So if i take first row of economy say in seat A that would give good views over the engine? If runway 27 is in use which is best side to sit on and likewise for 09?

Thanks for help btw :)

Like someone else said, if you're landing on 9L (no chance of it being 9R, this never happens) then the views are pathetic. You might see my house from 10,000 feet but other than that, nothing to see. Personally, I'd go for an F-seat. Landing on 9L, you'll see Windsor Castle (if you're into that sort of thing) - Something you won't see from an A-seat. If its the 27s, you'll get a superb view of the City Centre.

As for the views of the engines, you tend to look back at the engine, you're not 'over it'. But if you're getting a business class-configured seat for your money, you can surely accept a view like this. You're still going to see the engine open up upon landing.

Have a good trip.