Jet2's next base??

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

Does anyone have an idea if what the next base for JET2 will be because I haven't got a clue?

Possibily:
ABZ?
CWL?
DSA?

Original post

Member for

19 years 10 months

Why? Have they said they are opening another UK base?

Member for

20 years 2 months

I dont think we will see another base for a while. I tihnk there is plenty of potential in MAN as long FR dont keep up their assault on them from LPL.

Member for

20 years 10 months

The only one I see that could happen in the future is CWL, there has been rumours of that before.

Dont see them opening another base yet though, hoping for many more routes out of LBA 1st :)

Member for

19 years 5 months

There was a rumour of a HUY base. If not HUY maybe BOH or a big expansion at BFS

Member for

19 years 10 months

Id like one in ABZ, but I cannot possibly see that happening. Theres more chance of FlyGlobespan opening a base there although that is still very unlikely to happen.

Member for

20 years 10 months

There was a rumour of a HUY base. If not HUY maybe BOH or a big expansion at BFS

Cant see BOH with all the new Thomsonfly flights, cant really see BFS either, I still think if they were to announce any new base (Not saying they will of course), CWL would be likely. bmiBaby dont seem to care about CWL, and I do think their is a market there.

HUY could also work im sure.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Can I ask why you dont think BFS would be a candidate. I reliase there is quite a large EasyJet presence there so that could hinder progress but Jet2 already have some routes apart from UK flight from BFS like BCN nad welll errr........... thats it!!!!!

Maybe your right I reckon they just saw that BCN wasnt served by easyJet which to me was quite surprising and jumped on board. Do they fly BFS-PRG?

Member for

20 years 10 months

Yeah they do fly BFS-PRG, as well as BFS-BOH (I read that yesterdays BFS-BOH had 18 (Yes 18!) pax onboard!).

I dont know why I cant see BFS, just doesent seem somewhere I could imagine Jet2 opening a large base.

Member for

19 years 8 months

there is huge market at CWL and yes baby is neglecting us. a source of mine told me a few months ago that Jet2s next base is CWL, but their in no rush to expand bases until they've fully tapped the market at LBA and MAN

Member for

19 years 11 months

EUjet had 5 pax on the Manston flight from NCL the other night!

That aint gonna last.

Member for

20 years 10 months

I think 5 is one of the better EUJet load factors ;)

In all seriousness though, that is awful, cant see it lasting with the timings the service currently has, or the fact that NCL has multiple flights a day to STN,LHR and LGW, which will surely be more convenient for the vast majority.