EasyJet flew its 100 millionth passenger today

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 2 months

I post a thread every week or even every month but when I do I post 3 or 4 at a time. So bear with me LOL

This is a major milestone for Easyjet 100million passengers and growing at a rapied pace.

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/News/20050518_01.html

easyJet, Europe's leading low cost airline reaches an important milestone in its history today as it welcomes its 100 millionth passenger.

The airline has seen phenomenal growth since it began operating in 1995, increasing in size from just two aircraft, with two routes and carrying 424,000 passengers in its first year, to where it is today with over 100 aircraft, 203 routes and in the last 12 months carried 27.4 million passengers.

Over the last nine and a half years easyJet has revolutionised the airline industry, introducing the concept of low cost air travel to Europe, transforming the way we book with online innovations and changing the face of European travel by bringing flying to the masses.

Increasingly both business and leisure travellers are choosing easyJet, because of its low fares, convenient airports, flexibility, reliability and ease of booking. A staggering 67% of easyJet's 100 million passengers have flown in the last three years, reflecting the airlines continued success following the merger with GO.

The airline's most popular airport has been Luton, which has seen over 33 million easyJet passengers through its doors, closely followed by Stansted with over 24 million passengers.

To mark the occasion a passenger at one of easyJet 61 airports will be surprised with a gift of free flights today and given VIP treatment throughout their journey.

easyJet is also giving the public the opportunity to win 100 free flights, by taking part in a special viral email game that has been distributed this morning.

easyJet's Chief Executive Ray Webster commented
"100 million passengers is an astounding achievement, particularly in such a short amount of time, we are delighted to reach this important milestone and look forward to our continued successful growth and to welcoming our 200 millionth passenger".

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

Who wants to guess when the 200 millionth passenger will be?

Member for

20 years 5 months

Who wants to guess when the 200 millionth passenger will be?

at current growth rates, allowing for dips in traffic every so often, I'd say sometime in 2008