Runways @ Manchester

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 2 months

Quick question,

Do they ever use 24L at Manchester for arrivals, landed many a time on 06R, 24R but never seen an approach on 24L.

Rgds

Andy

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

Its extremely rare - usually 24L is only used if 24R is closed. There's no parallel taxiway along 06R/24L, so if they use 24L for landing aircraft have to go around one of the passing loops (there's one midway down, another at the far 06 end) and then backtrack up the runway, which obviously reduces flow substantially. For the same reason, there have hardly ever been any departures off 06R.

Andy

Member for

19 years 3 months

Yup, seem them using 24L for landings last June when I was waiting for my Excel Airways flight to Dalaman. Seen G-BYDA land on it, a Finnair 757, VS 747 and a few others. Started using 24R when we taxiied out for departure on 24L though

Member for

20 years 1 month

I've seen one or two landings on 24L, when a fire truck had to inspect 24R for 10 mins

Member for

19 years 8 months

I've seen one or two landings on 24L, when a fire truck had to inspect 24R for 10 mins

Yeah, that's the sort of thing... 24R closed for inspection, maintenance, disabled a/c...

FWIW there is no ILS on 24L either - the only published isntrument approach is VOR/DME.

Andy

Member for

20 years 2 months

Perhaps slightly of the topic but related. Does anybody know of a tool or somthing which adds the taxiway to the new Runway in MAN on FS2002. They simply left it out.

Member for

20 years 1 month

. For the same reason, there have hardly ever been any departures off 06R.

Only 06R departure i've seen is an SQ777, it asked for 06R as the captain felt it was much more flatter and smoother ( ovbiously as its a new runway lol) than 06L for the heavy bird to lift.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Perhaps slightly of the topic but related. Does anybody know of a tool or somthing which adds the taxiway to the new Runway in MAN on FS2002. They simply left it out.

There's one on avsim, just search manchester, although it didnt work for me! :mad: