Air Scotland/Greece Airways Tristars

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Air Scotland/Greece Airways have seemingly purchased two ex Air Transat Tristars to be operated on as yet unannounced long haul routes.

The aircraft are apparently in Greece at the moment where crew training is taking place.

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

Good, Good. That would be a good sight!

dme

Member for

20 years 1 month

Oh dear.
It'll be a nice sight and sound for the spotters though, I guess! ;)

Member for

20 years 11 months

Hope so! Cant see it doing too much for Air Scotlands reputation though.... ;)

Member for

20 years 1 month

Wouldn't mind one of those arriving on one day at NCL.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Never mind, their timetable doesn't mention NCL for this summer.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Just been thinking, they must obviously be competing with Globespans new long haul service. I think the Air Scotland PAX might feel a bit miffed seeing their old Tristar alongside Globespans 777s!

Member for

20 years 11 months

Never mind, their timetable doesn't mention NCL for this summer.

Doubt they would start long haul from NCL anyway...

Member for

19 years 6 months

The routs i have herd for this are GLA-Puket and GLA-Goa with a possible stop over in ATH.

Member for

20 years 3 months

Ren

Air Scotland/Greece Airways have seemingly purchased two ex Air Transat Tristars to be operated on as yet unannounced long haul routes.

The aircraft are apparently in Greece at the moment where crew training is taking place.

I thought that it was only one a/c involved. The other two being retained by Greece Airways for ad-hoc work

Member for

20 years

Ren
The other two being retained by Greece Airways for ad-hoc work

And for back-up when they breakdown......oh dear.

Member for

24 years 3 months

GLA-HKT on a clapt-out old Tristar!!! OMG!!!

These aircraft have been retired for a reason, and they should stay there! What is it with Greek operators and Tristars?

I know they look great and all that, but they're hardly state of the art inside (passengers will not be impressed), and they're a nightmare to work on. I still have nightmares about the Classic Airways Tristar I should have still been working on.

Really don't fancy being the Air Scotland PR department when they have massive delays with these old things.

:eek:

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ren

I thought that it was only one a/c involved. The other two being retained by Greece Airways for ad-hoc work

I only know as much as in my original post so far Jethro ? :confused: