LGW, BFS, and DUB photo report

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years

I had to be in Belfast first thing on Friday morning for a meeting, FlyBe to the city where very expensive, and so I was unable to turn down Easyjets offer of £9.50 single to Aldergrove. After arriving at LGW for 5AM, and queuing for half an hour due to broken baggage belts, I was soon looking out over the fog once again from the internal viewing area in the South terminal. A few weeks back this fog had caused me an hour and a half delay, however we were only delayed by 6 minutes :D The aircraft was G-EZIB a brand spanking new A319 delievered just 10 days earlier.

We pushed back just before 0710 and taxiied out to 26L. We held for a short while enabling a number of shots of landing traffic, enveloped in vapour. The flight was very uneventful, and we were soon descending into the visual approach for runway 07 at BFS, where the weather was considerably nicer than at LGW.

The only complaint I have with the 319 is in terms of comfort. I am 6'3 and the seats were too close together and too narrow to afford and comfort. I could not have gone on for much longer without having to get up, and as such have booked via Luton for my next trip, as I do find the 737s more comfortable.

Anyway, on with the pictures before this gets moved to trip reports :D

Note G-BUSJ operating for GB Airways on lease from BA, also look at the BA 777 being completely enveloped by fog!

Original post

Member for

21 years

Note in the last picture G-IPAL Citation on the biz apron, and also Air Wales ATR42 G-TAWE behind the EZY ;)

Attachments

Member for

20 years 6 months

Great photos. I'd be nervous if I were the Pilot of that BA 777.

Member for

21 years

Now to Dublin, after an enjoyable meet with some Irish FS enthusiasts Andrewm and I had an hour or so to kill on the mound, capturing my first Atlas Blue arriving from Agadir.

Member for

21 years

Lots more EI, including EI-DEK and EI-DEM both recently delievered. Also note the Futura 737 with the N reg. I've edited the pic in two ways, one showing the 737 as a whole, and also another showing the ramp beneath, including the SQ with open cargo door!

Member for

20 years 11 months

Absolutely top class shots Mark, I have to book a trip to Belfast again, just £18 return with Jet2 this October. Glad that you got two 732s that I have flown (CNX and CNW), you are getting better and better with the camera :)

Member for

20 years 2 months

Great pictures. I got lucky and saw the SQ 744 departing yesterday when I was in the feild with the dog. It never ceases to amaze me how that thing gets airborne.

Member for

21 years

Checked in at DUB 15 minutes after check in opened, and only half an hour after passing the desk previously, but somehow managed to get boarding card 105 :confused: I was well prepared for lengthy security queues due to the tightening of procedures at Dublin after a shocking security audit several days before. However it was of course Saturday night, and so everyone was arriving into Dublin, not departing from it.

The queue was non existant, I walked straight up to the X-Ray machine. I had my metal watch on when I went through the machine, and nothing else metallic, however the watch has never set off a machine before. However the machine beeped, and I was called back, took off my watch, and also asked to take off my shoes which has never happened before! Sure enough, walking through the machine, and it didnt go off. The sensitivity must have been racked right up.

After watching the movements for a short while my flight was called nearly 30 minutes early, and we boarded EI-CJC on Hertz colours almost immediatly. Luckily I found a window seat, by the engines too, and started snapping away! The flight was very average, arriving into LGW 15 minutes early.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Great shots

Member for

20 years 1 month

Excellent shots Mark
What i find funny is that we have both sat in the same seat on CJC, abeit on different days :D

Member for

20 years 8 months

Great shots Mark, nice getting two logojets in one shot :D.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Great Pictures Mark
looks like you did plenty of picture taking

Member for

20 years 2 months

Your lucky you didnt fly from Dublin today. Everybody is being asked to take off shoes and belts. The secuirity line is now 1 hour long. Because the area is so packed people cant put back on their shoes and are walking around the terminal with only socks on until they get to the gates. Theres no where inbetween to stop and but them on.
For those who dont know what happened a fake bomb aswell as many knives were snook through secuirity last week. The bomb was in the hold of an aircraft. Just aswell it was fake.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Serious stuff going on at DUB then!

Member for

20 years 2 months

Dublin is a disaster today and they have said tommorow will be the same. Alot of people have missed flights today.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Hmmmm interesting to notice that EI-DEM was delivered without .com stickers.

Member for

21 years

Ah yes good point Shamrock. I guess they are applied by EI and not Airbus, and EI have not got round to it yet?

Member for

24 years 3 months

The only complaint I have with the 319 is in terms of comfort. I am 6'3 and the seats were too close together and too narrow to afford and comfort. I could not have gone on for much longer without having to get up, and as such have booked via Luton for my next trip, as I do find the 737s more comfortable.

I've noticed this too - once had a LGW based A319 G-EZSM sub for EZY out of LPL to CDG - certainly a lot less comfy!

Member for

20 years 1 month

Dublin is a disaster today and they have said tommorow will be the same. Alot of people have missed flights today.

Just picked up this from EDI departures:

13.15 FR817 DUBLIN AIRBORNE 2215

Not great. ;)

Excellent pics too.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Great photos. I'd be nervous if I were the Pilot of that BA 777.

If you were that pilot, you'd be trained to handle the aircraft in allsorts of adverse weather conditions, it would be second nature to you