Slan Agus Go raibh Maith Agat

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 2 months

Translated back to English that meens-Goodbye and Thank you.

No Im not leaving your all not that lucky.

However some one is leaving. The last of the 737s are about to leave the Aer Lingus fleet. There is on remaining 737-400 but unfortunatley Ive been informed that its days are numbered and it will leave Irish skies forever any time soon.
There is 4 remaining 500s whivh are being picked off one by one. I was lucky enough to take a ride in one 2 years ago LHR-DUB. EI-CDD on that occasion.
If you mention 737 retirment to any Irish aviation fan these days the first thing that somes to mind is Ryanair but here is my little tribute to the green 737s.
Perhaps one good thing to come of it is those rotten .com colours are about to dissapear forever. Infact there is only one left and that is on the 400. All 500s are now flying with the shamrock on the tail.
As I said at the start-Slan agus go raibh maith agat my chara.

Attachments
Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Nice selection of pic there Shamrock.
Trouble is, airlines move on with the time, so the Classic 737 were ancient compared to the A320's.
I wonder will they go for the A319, as its a bit jump in capacity say on a route like DUB-LPL, from a 735 to an A320!

Member for

20 years 2 months

Thanks bmi. Aer Lingus had A319s on order but changed them to A320s and even then cancelled one of the first bunch of A320s which BA now operate. Aer Lingus are using the A320 on the DUB-LPL route on some days. Infact just over an hour ago my dad flew LPL-DUB on a A320. Ill ask him how busy it was.
Aer Lingus generally started flying new routes with the 737-500s and after testing the water changed the type of aircraft. Now that options for new routes are pretty limited I dont think the 737s are as needed as they were (if that makes sense).
Your right that airlines have to move on and its somthing we just have to deal with.
Ei have operated 200/300/400 and 500. I flew DUB-CDG via MAN about 12 years ago on a 200 and turnred down the chance for a cockpit visit. LOL I was a little scared of the cabin crew. I was only 5-Just another memory of the 737s

Member for

21 years

Just starting to edit my DUB pics from yesterday, and decided to start with my two of EI-CDH landing on runway 28, taken from the mound:

Attachments

Member for

20 years 10 months

Nice shots Mark, looking forward to the rest, lucky to get Hertz :)

Member for

20 years 5 months

Adios Aer Lingus 737's.

Member for

20 years 2 months

I feel so lucky when people say how others are lucky to see Vodaphone,hertz etc. I see the a couple of times every day. :) muhahahahaha

Member for

20 years 2 months

I should have said my dad told me that the EI293 LPL-DUB was full and was operated by a A320. It had 1 hour delay leaving LPL and 45 late arriving due to much increased secuirity measures in Dublin.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I'll be sorry to see yet another type from the Aer Lingus fleet go as well, the 737's only returned to Glasgow a year or so ago when they replaced the Bae 146's. Now they in turn have been replaced with the A320's.

That's progress I suppose ? Here's one of my A.Net contributions at GLA. ;)

Attachments

Member for

20 years 2 months

This is exactly what I wanted. people to add thier own pictures. Tom any from BHX???

Member for

19 years 10 months

Just the one from me, shame they won't be around when I get my new camera :(

Attachments

Member for

20 years 8 months

Tom any from BHX???

Indeed i have mate, got three colour scheme's here :D ;) :cool: :)
Interesting to note that this kind of shot at EI is no longer possible as they have moved to Terminal One now, also the first shot is on JP.net :cool:

Attachments

Member for

20 years 2 months

Great pics Tom I didnt even know there was ever a CDB.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Great pics Tom I didnt even know there was ever a CDB.

Well now you do ;) :cool:

Member for

20 years 1 month

So i guess this is why there has been more A320's opperating to MAN the past weeks?

Member for

20 years 2 months

Ye MAN is all A320s now. As is EDI and GLA. BHX is the only airport in the UK getting a daily 737 flight. I think the morning and evening flights are 737s. LPL and BRS both get a daily flight and it is different equipment on different days i.e. my dad flew to LPL yesterday and came back today. Yesterday it was a 737 and today it was a A320.