I am Back

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well been of the site for a bit but back on now and hopefully for good. How things have changed. For those that dont know I have now moved to Johannesburg, South Africa. A plane spotters paradise. I have found the ideal spot in a carpark at Boksburg. You are right undeneath the final approach and see all the heavies coming in in the morning, apart from Qantas which seems to get in early afternoon and Emerates which is early evening. When I eventually get my camera out I will post some pics.

Good to be back again

Original post

Member for

20 years 2 months

It will be very nice indeed to see some photographs from that side of the world. I love the SAA A346. Its my favourite scheme on that aircraft.

Member for

20 years 5 months

Glad the move went well!! I am looking forward for some piccies

Member for

24 years 2 months

Welcome back mate. how is it in Jobo?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks guys. And with a bit of luck I should be able to get some close up pictures as I am doing some work in the Rader Tower which is due to be upgraded in the next couple of weeks.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Why wouldnt you go there LFC24??? I think it look lovely on the TV. I winder will they ever bring the Grand Prix back to Kylami. Are you near Kylami Selsport???

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yes Shamrock321, I stay in Midrand which is only 10 minutes away in a car when its not rush hour when its more an hour. I drive past the race track going to and from my work in Sandton.

As for not wanting to go there, yeah crime is high but nothing like the news makes it out to be. Its a great country. Great weather and a good lifestyle and great for watching planes. The viewers deck at Joburg International (formely Jan Smuts, they seem to be changing all the names even of towns) gives a great view of the airport aircraft side and its open all the time. Plus I am only 5 minutes away from Grand Central Airport. Mainly light aircraft and military.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Good to hear from you again Kevin ! :D

Hopefully you're not missing the weather down Musselburgh way? Joburg sounds ace !

Mibbe we'll organise a meet down there sometime and we can get our pints blown over by an SAA bird for a change ? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sounds good to me Ren :p Nope not missing Musselburgh, well maybe just a little but not the weather.
Yep arrange a visit over here I mean over night flight arrive at 10am and then fly back again at 8pm lol

Member for

24 years 2 months

Feel free to take my pic when I land there on Sunday!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Feel free to take my pic when I land there on Sunday!

You'll never fit an A346 onto the beach at Musselburgh ! :eek:

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hey Kevin - Good to hear from you again. Been along time since you popped you head up on hear - but sounds you have been very busy! A dream of yours come true i take it - knowing you have always been a lover of South Africa, to live out there now must feel great?

All the best mate - keep logging on now and again. :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

When do you get in wysiwyg?

I take it one shall be on an A340? If you want to meet up for a Coffee when you are here let me know.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Know your from Johannesburg but hasnt there been some bad weather in Cape Town recently - some storms and flooding?

Member for

20 years 11 months

It'll be nice to see some shots from a different corner of the World

Member for

24 years 2 months

When do you get in wysiwyg?

I take it one shall be on an A340? If you want to meet up for a Coffee when you are here let me know.

Was due to get into JNB on Sunday morning but now there's a change of plan. Miami tomorrow instead. :cool: Haven't been there for years.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Just let me know when you are over here and we can meet up. Beats the last time we met in Glasgow. Far warmer :D