Video

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 11 months

One of our captains made this video which includes images he took from the cockpit. It's kind of a 9/11 retrospective.

http://www.calforums.com/forgotten/forgotten.wmv

Most of the video is from KCLE.

Original post

Member for

20 years 6 months

Thats a cool video. Pass on a well done to him if you can. Great video.

I've never seen 737s with flashing landing lights before!
Is that that new idea about increasing an aircrafts visability to others idea that I read about a while back perhaps?

Member for

20 years 11 months

Southwest has used them for as long as I can remember. You can also see them on Lear series jets. Obviously they are a day only use item. :)

Member for

19 years 5 months

A great video indeed, very powerful. Well done to the guy that made it, nice work :)

Member for

20 years 1 month

Funny you brought that to the forum's attenion Bill, i downloaded it last week!
Excellent footage. I thought "what the hell is that SWA doing" :D
I thought it was its last flight or something!

Member for

19 years 9 months

WOW! I'm left almost speechless after watching that. I great video, very hard-hitting!

Member for

20 years 1 month

very very very good video! Never knew about flashing landing lights though!

Member for

19 years 10 months

Loved the video very well made by the bloke that filmed and edited it loved the soundtrack as well.

Just one question on the flashing landing light though do they actually flash as the plane is coming into land or are they only for ground manouverability?

Member for

20 years 11 months

They are used in the air only. The Southwest 737's shown are exiting the runway, or preparing for takeoff, and haven't turned off their landing lights yet.

Member for

21 years

Great video. Those lights are very common on the Dassault Falcons as well. They are used as bird scarers I believe.

Member for

20 years 11 months

I haven't heard of them being bird scarers but they do have a much higher visibility due to the shifting light pattern rather than the steady burn of normal light systems.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Excellent video!

PS a minor exception, some politics into it, it seems to be implicating that Saddam H. has something to do with 9/11 attacks, which is well established he didn't.

Member for

21 years

At the risk of getting this moved to GD the impression I got from the video was that it was a general summary and pictorial representation of the events of 9/11 and everything that followed it, including the Iraq war, as a memory and reflection to all those affected, not so much a right wing bash at the "evil doers"

Member for

24 years 3 months

Perhaps, I got a different impression, but I don't rule out the I might be hipper sensitive to the subject. So let’s leave it with that, so the subject can stay here :D.