IATA/UFTAA EXAMS

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 2 months

Tommorow will see thousands of people around the world sitting their IATA/UFTAA foundation level finals. I am one of those people.
I have being studying travel and tourism since last september and that exam they kept telling us about which seemed so far away is on in 15 and a half hours.

Paper one is air fares and ticketing. We have to qoute a number of fares using the method the dinasours used to use. We have a big set of tarfiffs with millions of fares and we have to go through the process of quoting the lowest one making sure the passengers with the funny names dont get a flight for any lower than they are allowed.

So tommorow we will most likely have to quote Mr Black Tea for a one way,Return or Circle trip,Open jaw and a special fare.
Just to make things interesting well also have to make up Mr.Teas ticket or even worse and MCO or MPD anyway I wont bore you with ancient history.

Paper 2 then is general knoledge. We have to read airline and train timetables prove we can use TIM and a few questions on geograpy as well as a million and one other things like airline codes.
Anyway Im ready to rock and roll. This will hopfully be the first step in a long and enjoyable carrer in Travel.

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

G'luck!

Member for

24 years 2 months

That actually sounds like an exam to look forward to.

Very best of luck to you anyway. :)

Member for

20 years 2 months

Paper 2 is somthing to look forward to. Paper 1 is a different story. Im quite optimistic about it but I know my weakness is making stupid mistakes like reading figures wrong out of the tariffs or off the calculator.
Its the first year it an open book exam so fingers crossed I can finnaly push and get a distinction because ive been so close all year in mock and other exams.