Thomsonfly and 787

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years

ABTN seem to be speculating that BY will be the next 787 customer. Also reporting 757 upgrade.http://www.abtn.co.uk/

Original post

Member for

20 years 6 months

ABTN seem to be speculating that BY will be the next 787 customer. Also reporting 757 upgrade.http://www.abtn.co.uk/

If BY have the finances, it would make sense. They compete with TCX, who already ordered.

Member for

19 years 6 months

FCA not TCX have ordered the B787. TUI Group should have the finances - perhaps a joint order with Hapag Lloyd or other group member?

Member for

20 years 6 months

FCA not TCX have ordered the B787. TUI Group should have the finances - perhaps a joint order with Hapag Lloyd or other group member?

Of course, First Choice.

My Brain blurb for today

Member for

20 years 6 months

Yuck, imagine that! Thomsonfly.com livery on a 787!

Here's something I prepared earlier... about 5 months ago :)

Member for

19 years 11 months

just add the fly.com and it looks as bad as ever

Member for

20 years 6 months

just add the fly.com and it looks as bad as ever

I decided not to bother. It looks bad enough

Member for

20 years 11 months

I dont mind that livery on the 787.... I must be finally losing my marbles!

The 787 would make perfect sense for Tom Fly, hope I get an upgraded 757 in the summer :)

Member for

20 years

Wobder if they'll go for that horrific mood lighting onboard like the "new" FCA 763's.
A sky blue lit interior is bound to be more soothing than the red light district created on those FCA 763's if the promo pics are anything to go by.
Wonder if Thomson 787's will get PTVs. You would think they would need to.
There was also chat of Britannia getting more 737's back ( apart from those which may be operating this summer from Britannia SE.)

Member for

20 years 6 months

I like it, do any of you know if Lufthansa has any plans to get the 787?

All we have are rumours. Thos rumours are two fold

The Airbus camp (and I mean fans) say LH won't get the 787 due to it not having a side stick.

The Boeing camp (again I mean fans) say that is nonsense as whether or not the plane has a side stick is not the biggest factor in purchasing aircraft. But the Boeing camp largely admit the A350 might well win out.

My view..... its 50/50 realy. If LH are looking for A300 replacements... the 787 is what there need. The a350 is targetted more at long range.