Irish fury over ambulance clamp

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Irish fury over ambulance clamp

Airport police require vehicles to use a multi-storey car park
The Dublin Airport Authority has voiced regret after an ambulance waiting for a seriously injured patient was clamped by airport police.
The privately-run ambulance was clamped on Saturday despite being parked in a section reserved for emergency crews.

An airport spokeswoman said the incident was "deeply regrettable" and promised a policy review.

Paramedics had to use a cash machine to pay for the clamp's removal. Their boss said the clamping was "mind-blowing".

The airport said it would refund the clamping charge of 63 euros (£43; $82).

Spokeswoman Siobhan Moore said police had clamped the ambulance because it had remained for about 30 minutes in an emergency area reserved for immediate pick-ups.

The crew was reportedly waiting for a patient injured on a skiing holiday.

The owner of Life Line Ambulances, David Hall, said his company had used the area for the past six years without problems.

He said the authorities should have inquired about the patient's condition before applying a clamp.

Source: BBC

I saw them taking the clamp off when I was arriving at Dublin airport and waiting for the bus to the Long Stay! I thought it was a bit odd looking at the time.

Original post

Member for

20 years

All too credible..........

Don't say it could never happen over here, either! :mad:

Member for

20 years 6 months

I heard about this on the radio. I think its stupid and even if the ambulance was off duty, what right to coppers have to clamp vehicles which are vital to keep people alive?!!!

Member for

20 years 2 months

Welcome to Ireland
Why should they have left the ambulance alone? That would have made sense.

It seems that all the people in authority in this country are nothing but stupid senseless assholes.
We have tax on everything but nothing works. Up to last month you had to wait on a trolley for 4 days for a bed in hospital and now you have to wait on a damn trolley.
You should see our minister for health. She is the somplete opposite of healthy.
No one seems to have acluse what they are at.
Clamp that ambulance but dont mind the cash machine thats being raided behind you.
Of course theres nothing wrong according to B-B-B-Bertie our taoi****e.
God I feel so annoyed now.