Massive Jet2 Delay at MAN

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Morning folks,

Just noticed Jet2 from BUD to MAN, flight number LS898 was due in on Friday at 1505 and isn't expected until 1100 today (Sunday!).

That has to be longest delay I've seen in a long time! Obviously something must have gone wrong mechanically and something/someone needed to be flown out, crew out of hours etc. You would have thought they would have been able to access 737 engineers somewhere like BUD though. Its usually the far flung places where airlines end up sending out engineers.

Does anyone know Jet2's policy on accommodation for pax for that kind of delay? I hope they haven't been sat around the airport for the best part of 2 days!

:eek:

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Yup i saw this on teletext!
BUD-MAN seems to be delayed all the time, was in the papers once on how the pax rang up the pilot in his hotel to ask when they were going!

Member for

20 years 2 months

Im surprised there was no 737 engineer as Malev have a strong fleet of 737s but why should Malev help out a LCC-Im sure Malev may have seen a slight drop in numbers on their London route since Budapest flights have started in other areas of the UK.
Have Jet2 not got a back up aircraft even Ryanair have a 738 on stand by in Dublin all the time?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Im surprised there was no 737 engineer as Malev have a strong fleet of 737s but why should Malev help out a LCC-Im sure Malev may have seen a slight drop in numbers on their London route since Budapest flights have started in other areas of the UK.
Have Jet2 not got a back up aircraft even Ryanair have a 738 on stand by in Dublin all the time?

If the price is right im sure they would help!

Member for

20 years 11 months

I also noticed this, I remember when I went to MAN the week before Christmas, the BUD flight was a day late that day. Very strange and out of character for Jet2.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Possibly the aircraft that they use, maybe they should think about using that B737-400 sometime soon...

Member for

20 years 11 months

That has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

I did notice TF-ELZ did the BUD flight the other day, maybe its ELZ that is tech ?

Member for

20 years 1 month

They used the 734 to LGW on most days last week! Why!? average 50 people on a 734!
Crazy

Member for

24 years 3 months

So what? Did you see the Varig delay on Sau Paulo to Recife?

Im sure this appeals to all our foreign members...