Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easyjet v Ryanair

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duesseldwarf
    Professional Day-tripper
    • Jan 2000

Originally posted by SHAMROCK321
    Dusseldwarf if your not going to fly an airline because they dont have window blinds well I dont know what to say to you.
    I agree that perhaps Ryanair dont have the best customer service and there is definitley some things they could improve on but isnt that the way with every airline?
    Every airline could do somthing to improve there service. Ryanair have less than perfect customer service but have the lowest intra European fares where as most other airlines have better customer service but you pay slightly more for it.
    The way it is people are prepared to sacrifice the good customer service for the lower fares.
    Shamrock - of course every airline could enhance their service, but that wasn't my complaint. I fully understand that Ryanair offer the lowest fares, having flown with them on 50+ sectors all over Europe, but, again, this was not my complaint. I do only fly Ryanair because they are so cheap - doesn't everyone? Who on this poll actually said that Ryanair were their favourite in comparison to easyJet, apart from perhaps yourself?

The big question is, where do the cutbacks stop? Will they replace the heavy typical airliner seat with lighter, plastic patio chairs in order to save weight?? I personally think the potential removal of window blinds is a step too far. Quite clearly they think absolutely nothing of their passengers' comfort. It's not nice having the sun in your eyes for even 10 minutes, never mind for the length of a flight - and especially in the winter months when the sun is lower in the sky! When you fly above the clouds, there's not a whole lot in your way to stop the sun shining in your eyes. Not my idea of fun in the slightest. I can put up with all the things I have complained about in past posts, as much as they have annoyed me, but no window blinds would see me fly with someone else, or just not flying at all. You see, the places I have been to with Ryanair, I have to gone to because I could and not because I had to. The good thing about Ryanair competing with other airlines that fly to the main airports, is that these other airlines have reduced their fares too and now they are more attractive in price terms too nowadays.

I have had so much hassle with Ryanair, you'll not change my opinion of them. I will still fly them occassionally, when there is no other choice, but I'll not be surprised by anything anymore and will have to take it on the chin should anything else happen.

This thread is about opinions of the two airlines after all. These are my opinions.
    Last edited by Duesseldwarf; 6th February 2005, 21:19.
    [SIZE=1]Fly ZB - www.flymonarch.com
    AGP-ABZ/BLK
    BHX-ACE/AGP/ALC/FAO/IBZ/LEI/MAH/MJV/PMI/TFS
    LGW-ACE/AGP/ALC/FAO/GRX/LIS/TFS
    LTN-ACE/AGP/ALC/FAO/GIB/IBZ/LEI/LPA/PMI/MAH/TFS
    MAN-ACE/AGP/ALC/BCN/FAO/LEI/MAH/PMI/TFS/XRY

Comment

• kevinwm
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jun 2004

Easyjet,
      Flew GLA-EMA , grate flight
      Flew STN-PIK, thought the pilot was exFleet air arm as the palne was smashed into the ground at Pik, swore I would never fly RYR ever again
      Kevin
      KEEPING THE FLAG FLYING

Comment

• EK.
        EK.
        • Oct 2004

Ryanair as Easyjet only offer 5 or 6 destionations with 22 flights a day from my local compared to Ryanair who offer flights to around 15 destionations so FR give me much better choice.

Comment

• Castor
          • Jan 2000

Dunno about Easyjet, but I have flown with Ryan-air.

On my last trip we got delayed because of a technical failure, and I suppose sh!t happens - so ok. But coming aboard wasn't all that pleasant. During these two hours we were waiting - the stewards hadn't even cleaned the tables in the cabin. So we were sitting with garbage all up over our ears and a table so full of cola and sh!t that you couldn't put anything on it. And it wasn't just one table or so - but the whole aircraft.

One of my friends is a former Sterling employee (and were all aerospace engineers) and I can assure you that he got quite amused of the Ryan-air style customer care.

Castor

Comment

• SHAMROCK321
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Jan 2004

As long as you fly once or twice a year Mr O'Leary will be happy and you will get the lowest dares with or without window blinds. The main reason I love Ryanair is because of what they have done for air travel in Ireland and around Europe. Imagine before Ryanair Aer Lingus were charging the equivelent of 400 for a return flight to London.
            I relaise its your opinion and I dont want to change it and I apoligise if I came across that way but Ryanair need doubters so they can prove them wrong. Back in 1990 everybody thought Ryanair would be gone within a year but they proved them wrong.

Im sorry if they arnt a 5 star airline but there we're and we couldnt really give a toss about what everybody else says because we know youll just keep coming back for more and more of the low fares.

Comment

• OneLeft
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • May 2003

Duesseldwarf,

I believe that the idea of removing seat pockets, recline mechanisms, window blinds (and problably tables one day!) is to reduce the amount of things that can be broken, and therefore need to be repaired. This means turnround times aren't compromised and cabin engineers aren't needed.

I think the weight reduction is just a lucky coincidence.

Shamrock,

Your last post sounds like you work for MO'L. All this time I have been reading your posts have I been missing something?

1L.

Comment

• SHAMROCK321
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Jan 2004

No your not missing anything oneleft Im not working for him just yet !!!
                I have to laugh to myself because about 3 or 4 people who are choosing Easyjet and are putting Ryanair down all have Ryanair flights planned.

Comment

• OneLeft
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • May 2003

Maybe one day then.

As someone who is open on here about who I work for and what I do, I won't express any opinion about other airlines, but it's certainly made for an interesting read.

1L.

Comment

• andrewm
                    Rank 2 Registered User
                    • Jan 2000

I like both as Ryanair have come on leaps and bounds recently IMO based on my experiences with them compared to several between 2002-2003!

Having said that i have never whilst flying with easyJet (over 35 return trips now compared to 4 or 5 on ryanair) had any problem with them that was down to their fault. Their customer services have always been brilliant.

Ryanairs management team in Dublin are very blunt and robotic from my experiences dealing with them where easyJets are friendly and will actually say yes to meeting you. Ryanair refused all requests for meetings etc even when i was willing to travel to Dublin to their HQ!
                    Regards, Andrew

Comment

• airband1
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OneLeft
                      Shamrock,

Your last post sounds like you work for MO'L. All this time I have been reading your posts have I been missing something?
                      I was thinking the exact same thing when reading Shamrocks postings especially the last one LOL.
                      Jim Robertson

Lat: 55:53:23N (55.8898) Lon: 4:19:25W (-4.3236)

Comment

• Pembo330
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Jan 2000

Some fascinating responses so far - thanks guys.

Whilst most seem to be in favour of Easyjet, my conclusion will naturally be built on my own experiences which can be gathered within days of each other for sensible comparisons.

I think what the responses so far have shown that providing things go smoothly, both airlines are fine. Its when things go wrong that there is a problem and here Easyjet is by far coming out the strongest.
                        Pembo 330

Comment

• Duesseldwarf
                          Professional Day-tripper
                          • Jan 2000

Originally posted by SHAMROCK321
                          As long as you fly once or twice a year Mr O'Leary will be happy and you will get the lowest dares with or without window blinds.
                          I'd say you get the biggest dares flying Ryanair!!!! :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:
                          [SIZE=1]Fly ZB - www.flymonarch.com
                          AGP-ABZ/BLK
                          BHX-ACE/AGP/ALC/FAO/IBZ/LEI/MAH/MJV/PMI/TFS
                          LGW-ACE/AGP/ALC/FAO/GRX/LIS/TFS
                          LTN-ACE/AGP/ALC/FAO/GIB/IBZ/LEI/LPA/PMI/MAH/TFS
                          MAN-ACE/AGP/ALC/BCN/FAO/LEI/MAH/PMI/TFS/XRY

Comment

• cabincrew1
                            • May 2004

read this you'll all love it http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=122312

Comment

• wysiwyg
                              Retard :)
                              • Jan 2000

I was told last week that one of the major charters has a 'no Ryanair flights' clause in their crew positioning agreement!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                              X