Aircraft Investigation - Back on TV

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

A new series of Aircrash Investigation started on National Geographic last night.

The series runs every Tuesday at 9pm if you're interested.

Last night saw the re-enactment of a British Airways 1-11 where one of the cockpit windows blew out on climb out. The Captain got sucked out but the Cabin crew managed to hold onto his legs.

The crew assumed the captain was dead as blood was everywhere on the outside of the cockpit and there was no sign of him breathing. The Co-Pilot rapidly descended to 11,000 feet and and made an approach to Southampton for an emergency landing. The 1-11 was overweight however as it was on its way to Malaga and was still full of fuel.

All in all, the co-pilot landed safely at Southampton with the crew taking turns to hold onto the Captain. Amazingly, the Captain survived.

Fantastic, realistic renactment and no one was killed.

A story I hadn't heard before.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

And he was back at work too!

An amazing story, it's been featured in quite a few airline accident programmes. :)

Member for

20 years 10 months

Really liked the old ones of that programme, will have to try and watch the new ones.

Pembo - Notice you have booked another flight after announcing your XLA flights were the last ones? :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

lol Tom; you don't miss a trick do you? ;)

The Excel flights were my last ones, then I had a call from a mate last week arranging a stag weekend so some bonus flights coming up :) It'll be an exciting May as I have a stag weekend in Barcelona with a break in Rome with my wife the following weekend! Can't wait.

Member for

20 years 10 months

LOL - Great stuff mate, have a great time :)