New Ryanair Routes including Doncaster

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 2 months

Just yesterday I said to another forum member I dont think we would see any new routes to Dublin. I couldnt have been more wrong.
Frankfurt Hahn,Biarritz,Eindhoven,Carasconne,Doncaster and Rome Ciampino.

RYANAIR ANNOUNCES SIX NEW ROUTES - EUROPE TO DUBLIN

BIARRITZ, CARCASSONNE, DONCASTER, EINDHOVEN, FRANKFURT & ROME

Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 low fares airline today (26th Jan) announced that it will launch 6 new routes from Europe to Dublin this Summer with fares a fraction of the price of Aer Lingus’ lowest each way fare.

ROUTE START DATE FARE*
Biarritz 19th April 05 € 29.99
Carcassonne 19th April 05 € 29.99
Rome 19th April 05 € 29.99
Eindhoven 19th April 05 € 19.99
Doncaster Sheffield 28th April 05 € 4.99
Frankfurt 3rd May 05 € 19.99

Announcing Ryanair’s six new routes in Dublin today, Ryanair’s Deputy Chief Executive, Michael Cawley, said:

“These six new routes from Europe to Dublin are great news for Irish consumers, Irish tourism, and Irish jobs. By launching low fare flights to Germany, Italy and the South of France, Ryanair will make Europe affordable for Irish consumers at fares that are less than half the price of Aer Lingus’ so called lowest prices.

We also expect that more than half of the traffic on these new routes will be European visitors, who will no longer be deterred by Aer Lingus’ high fares. Ryanair will use its large marketing presence in these overseas markets to drum up business for Irish tourism.

Ryanair expects to carry over 500,000 passengers per annum on these six routes, this will create over 500 new jobs here at Dublin Airport. These new links show what can be done if Bertie Ahern would honour his election promise and deliver a competing second terminal instead of three years of dithering. A competing second terminal would bring 5 million new passengers per annum and create 5,000 jobs, these routes today are just a taste of what’s possible if only decision would replace dithering as the tourism policy of Bertie Ahern’s Government.”
:D

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Smells more like "Every other Airline is just getting on with the job at Dublin and we are being left behind cause were to proud to admit if they can do it so can we"

About time Ryanair :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

Dam !!!! BIQ DUB , that's bloody good news.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Its all very good news for Ryanair and people lookin for lower fares.However EI might be getting sick at the thought of FR starting new European routes.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Great news for DUB which has been a bit deprived in the way of European routes from Ryanair compared to other bases.

DUB-DSA gives me another airport to consider should I ever want to go back to Dublin after my next visit :)

Theres going to a bit of competition now what with Thomsonfly having a DSA-DUB route, wonder how long they'll last on it?

Just looked - Once daily on the DSA-DUB route is a bit poor, compared to 3 or 4 times daily from LBA and MAN, maybe they'll increase it if TOM Fly pull out ?

Member for

19 years 6 months

TOM only fly the route 6times weekly, FR pushed WW of the EMA-DUB route i think so i dont see TOM lasting long on this route.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Ryanair adding new routes at DUB - is this possible???

Seriously, when I heard there was to be an announcment at DSA on the news this morning I was thinking oh no, Easyjet or someone on some routes already served out of HUY. While HUY-DUB is now less likely and we probably will never get FR, at least this is no competition on an existing HUY route so Im quite relieved.

DUB-Hahn has long been a gap in their network. Is there a DUB-Bergamo route?

How about

Skvasta
Oslo Torp
Gothenburg Save
Nidderhein
Lubeck
Reus
Pisa
Venice Treviso

all added next by FR from DUB

Member for

20 years 9 months

It wouldn't surprise me to see FR opening up at DSA and serving the main bases (ie. Hahn, Girona, Ciampino, Beauvais etc). STN I suppose is a possibility, if they feel they can make a profit on short flights like BLK from STN then why not DSA aswell.

Member for

19 years 5 months

It wouldn't surprise me to see FR opening up at DSA and serving the main bases (ie. Hahn, Girona, Ciampino, Beauvais etc)

There meant to be doing that at EMA

Member for

20 years 11 months

I can see it as well Dan, it would be interesting to see how well they would do alongside Thomsonfly with a major base at DSA.

Member for

20 years 2 months

To Answer your question Humberside there will be a Dublin- Bergamo route for thie summer with Aer Lingus changing there flights from Malpensa to Bergamo as well as Cork.
Ryanair already operate Dublin-Reus daily during the summer but Im not sure about the winter.
They also perate DUB-Girona,Malaga and Faro.
I definitley think we will see some more Ryanair European routes but the main problem being gate space. Ryanair currently use the A pier which can be quite congested or deserted at different times of the day.Espeically in the morning when most FR flight deaprt around the same time but they could operete DUB-LPL with LPL based crews and have the aircraft that would operate DUB-LPL flying to the continent.
As the saying goes time will tell.

Member for

24 years 3 months

but they could operete DUB-LPL with LPL based crews and have the aircraft that would operate DUB-LPL flying to the continent.

mmm that wouldnt solve gate space problems (but remember this is a hell of alot of remote stands like aer arann use....) and if they fly Liverpool to Dublin then onto say Malaga then back to Dublin then Liverpool wouldnt their hours of duty have timed out by the time they get back to Dublin?

Member for

19 years 11 months

no we can be on duty up to 12 hours a day and somedays its pushed to the max, what with delays and all that.
here is some of the long days we have at the moment stansted-pisa-lubeck-pisa-stansted / stansted-tampere-riga-tempere-stansted and one of the best days we have is double dublin and double prestwick oh and and any with a blackpool in it such a short flight

Member for

24 years 3 months

Arnt the rules for pilots only 8 hours with cabin crew able to do more??

Member for

19 years 11 months

no we all do the full days, what happens is tho come late summer the flight deck do a reduced rosta as there hours are nearly up, and we have meny flight deck on contract from excel during the winter months. like last winter we had two a/c on charter from excel and them a/c was on short days as the a/c was reged in the uk and not ireland.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Of soure it would help with gate space. If one aircraft flew LPL-DUB there would be an extra parking spot overnight for a new aircraft to operate morning flights to Europe. If Ryanaor use remote stands well then they will have to pay or worse buy buses to get the passengers to.