Barbados bound from EDI!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 11 months

Lucky devils escaping the winter at EDI today.

Attachments
Original post

Member for

20 years 9 months

Great pic, great aircraft and great airline! :D

What other airports do they fly to Barbados from from? all i know is BHX has a once weekley service with BY 763 :)

Member for

20 years 1 month

Didn't see that on the BAA website?! A cruise charter?

Member for

19 years 11 months

Great pic, great aircraft and great airline! :D

What other airports do they fly to Barbados from from? all i know is BHX has a once weekley service with BY 763 :)

It was a cruise charter... :cool:

They happen from time to time. ;)

Member for

19 years 11 months

Didn't see that on the BAA website?! A cruise charter?

Yep... :D

Member for

19 years 11 months

LBA had a similar departure today for P & O cruise passengers (was it the same a/c routed via EDI?). Hope the cruise ship goes further than the Aurora!!

Member for

20 years 6 months

lmao

Member for

19 years 6 months

GLA also had a BY 763 last night from Barbados.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Gatwick had a Britannia flight from Barbados arriving at 0545hrs, 1/2 late...not bad after leaving Bridgetown an hour and 20 minutes late.. i think it was a charter for the Fred Olsen Cruise line.

Member for

20 years 11 months

LBA had a similar departure today for P & O cruise passengers (was it the same a/c routed via EDI?). Hope the cruise ship goes further than the Aurora!!

Nah, LBA got a decent sized plane, forget your 762s, we got a 763 :D (Only joking about the decent sized plane of course), was G-OBYD that routed via Shannon.

Heres a not brilliant photo of it taken from the LBA group, but you can get the idea. Wish I had been able to get up there to see it :(

Attachments

Member for

20 years 9 months

Kool pic......looks like it just got off the runway there :D unless there's more runway available that isnt shown in the pic?

Member for

20 years 1 month

Nah, LBA got a decent sized plane, forget your 762s, we got a 763 :D (Only joking about the decent sized plane of course), was G-OBYD that routed via Shannon.

Heres a not brilliant photo of it taken from the LBA group, but you can get the idea. Wish I had been able to get up there to see it :(

Pfft, stop in Shannon! Is that as far as it can get?! ;) All the time I'm saying this, I'm presuming that EDI-BGI was non-stop! It should've been! :p

Member for

20 years 11 months

Kool pic......looks like it just got off the runway there :D unless there's more runway available that isnt shown in the pic?

More runway than that! The 737s sometimes rotate around there, and with the 763 only going as far as SNN I imagine it wouldnt have taken much.

RIP - It doesent matter where it stops on route does it? Whether Shannon or somewhere on the other side of the pond, id sooner get it over quicker at the beginning than when im knackered in the middle of the flight.

Member for

20 years 1 month

More runway than that! The 737s sometimes rotate around there, and with the 763 only going as far as SNN I imagine it wouldnt have taken much.

RIP - It doesent matter where it stops on route does it? Whether Shannon or somewhere on the other side of the pond, id sooner get it over quicker at the beginning than when im knackered in the middle of the flight.

No Tom, it doesn't. It was just a 'joke' in response to your 'joke'. :)

Member for

20 years 11 months

I know (Honestly I did!) :D

Member for

20 years 11 months

An article taken from LBIA.co.uk:

Passengers Taste the Caribbean at Leeds Bradford Airport!
21 January 2005

Passengers on the inaugural flight to Barbados from Leeds Bradford International Airport were given a taste of the Caribbean today as LBA staff made the experience one to remember. Passengers were treated to palm trees, music and tropical refreshments as they checked in for their Caribbean Gold cruise.

This is the first time that Leeds Bradford have been able to offer this destination and it is already proving very popular with cruise passengers in the region.

Mr Ron Atkinson, a passenger on this momentous first flight commented, “I am so pleased that P&O Cruises have added a programme from Leeds Bradford Airport, it is much more convienient to travel from our local airport and it was a big factor in our decision to book this cruise”

Due to the mass popularity of this route, P&O Cruises have added more dates to their programme taking the total from Leeds Bradford to six throughout 2005 and into 2006 to both Barbados and Acapulco.

The Caribbean is one of the most popular cruise destinations in the world offering everything that an ultra-luxurious, carefree holiday should. The start of your journey is now even easier when you can fly direct to the Caribbean from your own doorstep.

Sally Ramsey, Marketing and Business Development Manager at LBA said, “Cruising is an ideal opportunity to see more than one destination whilst staying in the lap of luxury with excellent facilities. It is a unique style of holiday which compliments the current extensive European cruise flights that are available from Leeds Bradford Airport and we are pleased to be working with new business partner P&O Cruises.”

Seems that everytime LBA offers any destination it seems to be a success, which is such a shame that we have so few. Didnt know we had 6 flights coming up over the next couple of winters which is a nice surprise, and somewhere different in Acapulco is good as well :)

Member for

20 years 11 months

Sorry for taking your thread way off course by the way Joe, just thought it was related been about Britannia cruise flights to Barbados.