BHX-NCL - Has always suprised me that...

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 3 months

...none of the LoCo's have tried to open a BHX-NCL route.

Newcastle is one of the country's biggest venues for stag and hen weekends as well as becoming increasingly popular for City Breaks. With train and road connections between the Midlands and the North East notoriously poor, i'm surprised that only Eastern Airways operate this route.

Surely this would be a profitable route? Is there anything restricting airlines exploring this?

Original post

Member for

19 years 3 months

that's who i hope explore this, would be a logical new route for them given that both airports are busy locations for them now.

they seem to actively promote the stag and hen weekend bussines too so I'd hope it's only a matter of time.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Yeah Flybe would do well! :D
I guess Eastern Airways are doing well on it.....they have a 4x daily service with Jetstream 41s. I believe they have high prices though.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Well Eastern is mainly aimed at Business travellers.
Yeah, true :) ;) If Flybe 'did' start the route what would the frequencys be?

Member for

20 years 2 months

Flybe seems like the only likely candiate or is there someone else at all?

Member for

21 years

BA used to do it with the ATR72 until they retired it a couple of years ago. Haven't a clue how well it did though.

Member for

20 years 9 months

I can't see EZY or FR doing it......EZY already have there base at EMA and FR moved there european flights to from BHX to EMA after a fall-out over landing fees i think. That Jump Airlines website looks like a child designed it! :D

Member for

19 years 5 months

I wouldnt put it past BE to launch this route in the future

Member for

20 years 2 months

After September 11th, FlyBe actually flew this route daily, but they were competing against British Airways, which made the loser FlyBe. They also flew to Brussels, which again they lost out to SN Brussels and the last remaining European flight with FlyBe was a codeshare flight to Paris with Air France, which was given up last year to Air France Regional.

Member for

21 years

I can't see EZY or FR doing it......EZY already have there base at EMA and FR moved there european flights to from BHX to EMA after a fall-out over landing fees i think. That Jump Airlines website looks like a child designed it! :D

That's because a child did design it, and is trying to run it! The guy who 'founded' Jump keeps on bugging me about how to fly Oxford procedures in flight sim.

Member for

19 years 10 months

BA used to do it with the ATR72 until they retired it a couple of years ago. Haven't a clue how well it did though.

I didn't realise that ATR72s were used; I remember seeing a Maerskair UK(BA francise) J41 operating the route though.

Member for

24 years 3 months

That's because a child did design it, and is trying to run it! The guy who 'founded' Jump keeps on bugging me about how to fly Oxford procedures in flight sim.

plus easyJet could sue him for looking a tad too much like go, whose brand they know own...

Member for

19 years 4 months

BA/Maersk UK flew NCP-BHX using J41s and then CRJs. However, they did operate it for a year or so using a leased Gill Airways ATR42