Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

Check this outy, got it in an e-mail 10 minutes ago

Attachments
Original post

Member for

20 years 5 months

You sure that aint a steam engine turned McDonald? Perhaps this is a MickeyDee Walk-Thru and they look if their burgers'n fries have gone awol? :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Distiller - what you on???

Member for

20 years 1 month

Doesn't look that much bigger than other aircraft windows to me.. Once the windows are installed the frames will probably nick off a bit of space as well.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Doesn't look that much bigger than other aircraft windows to me.. Once the windows are installed the frames will probably nick off a bit of space as well.

Yes indeed, weren't they supposed to be wide ?? They seem rather tight ! :eek:

Member for

20 years 5 months

they're almost twice the height mate.

Member for

19 years 2 months

they're almost twice the height mate.

twice is exagerated, and as panes fly horizontally, wider is better, to have a panorama. Pretty disapointing :confused:

Member for

20 years 5 months

twice is exagerated, and as panes fly horizontally, wider is better, to have a panorama. Pretty disapointing :confused:

I knew you were going to say that.

Wider would quite frankly be dumb. Wider windows would limit the flexibility of the interior arrangements.
The the best way is to go taller.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Well there are bigger, of that there is no doubt, and any increase in size is to be welcome.

I didn't expect them to be elongated like that. But then, if aircraft manufacturers could make big round windows for everyone to look through, I'm sure they would...

Member for

19 years 2 months

Yes anyway they are bigger, that's good :)

Member for

20 years 5 months

Well there are bigger, of that there is no doubt, and any increase in size is to be welcome.

I didn't expect them to be elongated like that. But then, if aircraft manufacturers could make big round windows for everyone to look through, I'm sure they would...

They could, but they wouldn't be practical.

For example. The Fokker/Fairchild 27 had nice eliptical windows. But they limited the interior arrangement capabilities. So when they redeveloped it into the Fokker 50 they used smaller more standardised windows.

Member for

19 years 2 months

They could, but they wouldn't be practical.

For example. The Fokker/Fairchild 27 had nice eliptical windows. But they limited the interior arrangement capabilities. So when they redeveloped it into the Fokker 50 they used smaller more standardised windows.

You'll find me perhaps dumb again but wide is not too bad : Airbus A300B4-603

Member for

20 years 5 months

You'll find me perhaps dumb again but wide is not too bad : Airbus A300B4-603

That window is not wide.
I read somewhere that A300/A310 windows are actually the smallest of all widebodies :p

Member for

19 years 2 months

That window is not wide.
A300 windows are actually the smallest of all widebodies :p

perhaps am I wrong, they seem wider than 787's ?

Member for

20 years 5 months

perhaps am I wrong, they seem wider than 787's ?

Its the zoom and/or the lense used.

That window is no bigger than one you'd find on an A320.

Now THIS is a wide window :D

It'd be great to those in an airliner... but alas it won't happen

Member for

19 years 2 months

Its the zoom and/or the lense used.

That window is no bigger than one you'd find on an A320.

Now THIS is a wide window :D

It'd be great to those in an airliner... but alas it won't happen

This one is great too : Window1

But you perhaps would have preferred This one :rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 1 month

Perhaps one day a/c will be made of plexi-glass and we'll all get 360-degree superb views ;)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Bigger windows are good. However I´m will want to see the interior before I decide if those are a remarkable improvement.

Member for

20 years 5 months

I think the problem with making the windows larger is the fact that you loose strength, particularly as you get nearer each frame. As Sandy says, the obvious choice would to have an increase in height, allowing more light into the aircraft without incurring any structural issues.

Another reason indeed :D

With the composite fuselage, strength is in abbundance, and the taller windows will have little effect on the structural strenght and rigidity of the 7E7's fuselage.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Gentlemen, gentlemen.... size isn't everything - as you've probably been told before....... :D

Member for

20 years 5 months

Gentlemen, gentlemen.... size isn't everything - as you've probably been told before....... :D

it does when we're talking about passenger windows in aircraft :D