Excel Lined up for possible change to XL.com

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

I have been looking at Excels new website,

http://www.xl.com

It could be looking like this is going to be there new branding very soon. The logo is already in the Terminal at Manchester and Gatwick so maybe.

The website has also been improved with information about the fleet, downloadable magazines and loads more.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

I don't like it. The name is just crummy.

Stick with 'Excel' I say.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Well it still has the old Excel Airways logo in the top corner, so I expect it will be just be a rebranding for the website ?

Member for

19 years 10 months

well i dont know. I heard that they were putting the XL.com on the planes, excelairways little logo on the engines.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Where did you hear that like?

Member for

20 years 1 month

Changing to plain boring "text messaging" style. Wot it this world coming to!

Member for

19 years 5 months

Keep it as Excel

Member for

19 years 10 months

Where did you hear that like?

it was mentioned a few months back on a well known forum, but to prove that person knew something they said the website was launching in January.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Imagine if all UK charter airlines shortened their name?:
Britannia BTan
Monarch Moch
Thomas cook TomOk

Will they happen?....Nah...:D

Member for

19 years 5 months

Well it still has the old Excel Airways logo in the top corner, so I expect it will be just be a rebranding for the website ?

I think you are right there. Wouldnt make sence for them to change there name.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Strange - just tried to book flights with XL.com GLA- ACE and flight is operated by Air Malta !!!??

Member for

19 years 10 months

they do operate some chartered A320's from Air Malta usually in the summer months

Member for

19 years 11 months

Could have been worse- it could have been operated by Air Atlanta.

Member for

19 years 10 months

i would not be at all surprised if the air atlanta group merge all the airlines thay have bought into one brand, my friend is cabin crew with air atlanta europe and she told me a while ago the crewing of all the aircraft have been given to excel in gatwick. lets just be happy they are keeping the name excel on the a/c for the time being. you never know it might be branded islandflug

Member for

20 years 1 month

I agree, for people who are simply to lazy to type 'excel'. ;)

Member for

19 years 10 months

i would not be at all surprised if the air atlanta group merge all the airlines thay have bought into one brand, my friend is cabin crew with air atlanta europe and she told me a while ago the crewing of all the aircraft have been given to excel in gatwick. lets just be happy they are keeping the name excel on the a/c for the time being. you never know it might be branded islandflug

It would make sense for Air Atlanta Europe to use the Excel (or XL.com) name, as the brand seems to be well regarded among UK travellers. Weren't Excel's 762 crewed by Air Atlanta crews though prior to Air Atlanta taking the majority shareholding in Excel?

Member for

20 years 1 month

they do operate some chartered A320's from Air Malta usually in the summer months

Last year my Excel flight BHX-ACE was operated by KM's new A320

Member for

20 years 5 months

I saw this in the paper, in the ads. I prefer the longer name of Excel Airways.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Strange - just tried to book flights with XL.com GLA- ACE and flight is operated by Air Malta !!!??

Air Malta have had a based A320 at GLA for the last few summers.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Who are all the companies in the Excel group?