Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 2 months

Does anybody know if the date has been decided for the maiden flight
of the A 380?

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sometime in March if it's on schedule...?

Member for

19 years 2 months

Cheers. I wish I could be there. Imagine being at the end of the runway when this one takes to the air.

Member for

20 years 5 months

Cheers. I wish I could be there. Imagine being at the end of the runway when this one takes to the air.

the end of the runway is the last place I'd wanna be when they take this thing off for the first time...... lol

Member for

24 years 2 months

the end of the runway is the last place I'd wanna be when they take this thing off for the first time...... lol

Depends on which end your talking about I suppose ?

Member for

20 years 5 months

Depends on which end your talking about I suppose ?

Certainly not the end it will be hurtling towards.... lol

I'm sure it'll get off the ground... but thats a big ass chunk of metal to run away from if it goes wrong... lol

Member for

24 years 2 months

Certainly not the end it will be hurtling towards.... lol

I'm sure it'll get off the ground... but thats a big ass chunk of metal to run away from if it goes wrong... lol

Oh ye of little faith. It'll go like a dream (liner). :diablo:

Member for

21 years

Dream Liner ?

Paul

Member for

19 years 8 months

i was reading in Flight International Today, that the first flight deck crew will be up of French,Germans and Spanish personel...on the first flights,the will wear parachutes and the aircraft will be fitted with an emergency escape slide (like that fitted to the shuttle) will be fitted along with a jettisonable cargo door

Member for

24 years 2 months

How long will the first flight be?

Member for

19 years 8 months

2hours to do basic flight handling and calibrate the FBW systems

They talked about doing FBW tests "In law and out of Law" and im ashamed to admit,that it lost me

Member for

24 years 2 months

Maybe they are talking about the laws that must govern the computer to allow them to do certain things and not others? I guess if you are trying to figure out the envelope of the aircraft, you are going to need to do stuff that the computer probably wouldn't like.
I can't wait to see this fly, and best of luck to the pilots. Airbus' website is already gearing up the publicity for it, with free prizes being offered.

Member for

19 years 8 months

John Leahy has said that the 380 would be ready to fly late Feb,but realistically they will wait till March

The first 380 with RR-Trents will undertake evaluation flights joined by a 2nd and 3rd RR powered craft to undertake a 2100hr flight test programe
the PW/GE craft will fly in Sept/oct

Member for

24 years 2 months

The official roll out is scheduled for the 18th of January isn't it ?

Member for

20 years 1 month

I think so... Incidentally Airbus is giving away some tickets for the ceremony... you can enter the competition by filling out the form provided on the website.

Are the heads of the airlines who have ordered it going to attend? Does anyone know?

Member for

19 years 10 months

First A380 flight deck crew

The official roll out is scheduled for the 18th of January isn't it ?

Yes, french president Jacques Chirac and german chancellor Gerhard Schröder will both attend at the ceremony on the 18th of January.

I was reading in Flight International Today, that the first flight deck crew will be up of French,Germans and Spanish personel...[...]

Yes, the first flight deck crew will be 6 pilots and engineers.
The two french pilots, Jacques Rosay and Claude Lelaie, will share the work:
Rosay will be captain in charge for the take-off, Lelaie for the landing.
The german engineer Manfred Birnfeld will look after the engines.
2 french engineers, Gérard Debois and Jacky Joye, and the spanish engineer Fernando Alfonso are also on board.

Source (German): OBERHESSISCHE PRESSE 06.01.2005 11:42 Uhr

fightingirish

Member for

20 years 5 months

6 flight crew, bit of an overkill IMO

Member for

19 years 10 months

European???, where are the British???
Should put one british engineer on board to look after the wings!!! ;)

fightingirish

Member for

19 years 2 months

Where are the British? Busy making lots more wings, cause they're gonna sell a lot more of these lumps when other major airlines see their competitors getting positive media coverage.

Member for

20 years 5 months

Where are the British? Busy making lots more wings, cause they're gonna sell a lot more of these lumps when other major airlines see their competitors getting positive media coverage.

No, they will sell more as and when Airlines need them.

Member for

19 years 8 months

No, they will sell more as and when Airlines need them.

Just like the 787 which failed to meet boeings sales expectations at the end of 2004? :rolleyes: