AMS: windy, cold... and a DC-8!!!!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Very stormy today. Which is bad because it gets cold and it is harder to keep your camera steady. But it is also very good, because only one runway can be used for landings! So for once I did not miss a single incoming plane. Screwed up a fair share of photos due to the wind, but at least I got to see the planes! And the highlights of the day where all shot quite well!

The highlights where first and foremost a DC-8 from Silverback Cargo Freighters. Who? Yeah, I did not know them either. Nice livery though

The other highlights where an Eqyptair A330, a type Eqyptair only received a few months back. Also an Aeroflot 767 (new livery) was nice to see. Normally we only get A319s and A320s. But this 767 came in for maintenance at KLM.

Anyway, here they are. All 26 of them. So if you are on dial-up, you can still press the return button! :diablo:

01) El Al - 757 - 4X-EBV
02) Silverback Cargo Freighters - DC8 - 9XR-SC: coming in 1
03) Silverback Cargo Freighters - DC8 - 9XR-SC: coming in 2
04) Silverback Cargo Freighters - DC8 - 9XR-SC: parked in the sun
05) Silverback Cargo Freighters - DC8 - 9XR-SC: rotate!
06) Silverback Cargo Freighters - DC8 - 9XR-SC: close up of the tail. The gorilla is a "silverback gorilla". Coincidence?
07) Eva Air - 747 - B16463
08) TAP - A319 - CS-TTL
09) Air France Régional - E145 - F-GRGG
10) Air France - A318 - F-GUGH

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

11) British Airways - A321 - G-EUXH: I really like how you can see the engines spinning.
12) easyJet - 737 - G-IGOU
13) Northwest - DC10 - N238NW: new livery painted only very recently
14) Northwest - DC10 - N238NW: I love the lightning, but am not sure if I should upload it to JP.net. There are some twigs blocking the view.
15) Maersk Air - 737 - OY-MRH: in a hury to get airborne
16) Dutch Caribbean EXEL - 767 - PH-AHQ: still in interim livery
17) KLM - 737 - PH-BDP: new livery but with white nose. Nicked from Air France?
18) KLM - 777 - PH-BQC
19) KLM - 777 - PH-BQC: end of the day and the sun is very low. Note the shadow of the landing gear... on the right engine!
20) Dutch Government - F70 - PH-KBX: the queen escaping to better weather?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Last set.

21) KLM - MD11 - PH-KCA
22) KLM - MD11 - PH-KCI: the MD11 always rotates really steep.
23) Martinair Cargo - MD11 - PH-MCU: flower power all the way
24) KLM Cityhopper - F70 - PH-WXD: new addition to the fleet. Ex Malev HA-LMD. All Fokker jets will get this new livery.
25) Aeroflot - 767 - VP-BAV: came here for maintenance. Don't know when it will leave.
26) Aeroflot - A319 - VP-BWK: the regular Aeroflot service.

Member for

21 years

Great shots indeed, are these Silverback folks going to be regulars, or was it just a one off charter?

Member for

20 years 2 months

Great shots!

Member for

24 years 3 months

The SIlverback are temporary. They where here the last 3 or 4 days and will come tomorrow as well. That's it. It has been booked by Ethiopian Airlines. Perhaps their own 757F is undergoing maintenance?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Outstanding shots, in particular the EVA Air 747-400! :D

Member for

20 years 2 months

Fab!

Member for

20 years 9 months

Fantastic set of photos! Have to agree with T5, the EVA Air has to be the best of the bunch!

Member for

20 years 11 months

Most enjoyable, i wasn't over emamored with that Aeroflot scheme at first, but it sort of grows on you after you've seen it a few times

Member for

20 years 2 months

Great pictures i hope you have warmed up now

Member for

20 years 11 months

Fabulous photos, love the ones taken from the angle of the Eva Air especially, and you cant beat a KLM 777 :)

Member for

20 years 6 months

Nice pics Peter!

Member for

20 years 1 month

Excellent photos, i like the BA A321, stunning.
Lets hope it won't be that windy when i go to AMS next month! :rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 3 months

Fantastic pics. The F70 is stunning !!!

That makes me reconsider if I should go the FRA or to AMS around easter.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Nice shots - EVA Air 747 is brilliant.

Member for

20 years 6 months

Fantastic shots, I personally like the BA out of those although they are all fantastic. I think you could get that Maersk Air onto JP.net.

Member for

24 years 3 months

That makes me reconsider if I should go the FRA or to AMS around easter.

Have you been to AMS before? If not you really should cause it is great. Personally, I've never been to FRA so can't really compare honestly. I will go to FRA late february though during the airliners.net spotters meet.

I think you could get that Maersk Air onto JP.net.

Right now there are 10 photos in the JP queue. All between spot 25 and 70. Not the Maersk photo yet, but might upload it later.

The first to be uploaded (assuming it will be approved) will be the action shot of the DC-8 rotating. The small photo here does not do it justice. That photo will probably blow you away more so then the BA A321 or the Eva 747.