FlyBe and thier 737

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 2 months

Any idea when they are due to expand their fleet with the introduction of the 737? I have book the inlaws onto a BHX-FAO flight in August and would love to show them a photo ;)

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

Arriving March I believe.

1L.

Member for

20 years 6 months

I assume the plane will be leased, not brought directly from Boeing.

Member for

20 years 6 months

I assume the plane will be leased, not brought directly from Boeing.

Well if they are to be 737-300s I'd say thats a valid assumption ;)

It was 300's last I heard of this

Member for

20 years 6 months

way off topic here Sandy, but when did the '300 go out of production?

Member for

21 years

The current rumour is that the 737s are to be leased from Astraeus to begin with.

I believe the last 733 was D-ADIC to Deutsche BA 12/11/1999

Member for

20 years 6 months

mark beat me to it..

Member for

19 years 6 months

Lomg term Flybe want B737-700 or A319

Member for

20 years 6 months

For their ops I'd say the 73G would be best.. being the cheaper to run

In Termns of direct cost per hour:
B737-800 = $1665 p/h (varies very little for the 700)
A319 - $2254 p/h

Heck, the B737-300 is $1878 p/h! stick with them!

Member for

20 years 6 months

Wow!! I never knew the Airbus 319 cost that much more to run.

Member for

20 years

And the source for these figures, Sandy? :)

Member for

20 years 6 months

probably his informant...."Bob"

Member for

20 years

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to see figures from a verifiable and attributable source, and one that is not a Boeing or Airbus press release for a change.

Then I might take them seriously. :D

Member for

20 years

Hmmm...here's an interesting quote from the first of the sources you give: "The data in these table has been validated where possible but it still originates from manufacturers sources. The information requires careful interpretation since each manufacturer may define the data in a different way."

Lies, damned lies and statistics, eh? :D

Having carefully examined the data sets in the tables I still cannot seem to find the figures you quoted. How very odd!! :diablo:

We can't actually see the second of your sources, so it's difficult to make any comment at all.

Member for

20 years 6 months

Well this is data analysts use.
Ignore it if you want, but it is correct.

My final comment is that flybe should stick with the 737-300's for the near to mid term future instead of going through the expense of new aircraft

Member for

20 years

"Ignore it if you want, but it is correct"

I'm sure the data in the tables in your first source are correct, bearing in mind as we must the health warning that I quoted from the same site.

However, since these data do NOT include the figures that you quoted I'm sure you will forgive me for looking somewhat askance at your figures.

"Because I say so" never has been a substitute for verifiable objective fact.

Unless, of course, you can show me some verifiable objective facts that bear your figures out?

Member for

20 years 6 months

"Ignore it if you want, but it is correct"

I'm sure the data in the tables in your first source are correct, bearing in mind as we must the health warning that I quoted from the same site.

However, since these data do NOT include the figures that you quoted I'm sure you will forgive me for looking somewhat askance at your figures.

"Because I say so" never has been a substitute for verifiable objective fact.

Unless, of course, you can show me some verifiable objective facts that bear your figures out?

buy the report and you'll see.
But what I quoted here IS correct, regardless of what you may think of it.
the data is collated from operating experience... not just manufacturer specs, although I think they are used as a base line for calculations.

If you choose not to beleive because you can see it, then thats your problem. Not mine.

Member for

20 years

Whatever you say - it's not worth arguing over on New Years Day. ;)

(Edited to add:

My word, that last posting is a wee bit testy since your edit - and you did edit it this time, right?

There's neither law nor Forum rule that says that people have to agree with you, and must accept every statement you make without question.

A Happy New Year to you. :D )

Member for

20 years 6 months

Whatever you say - it's not worth arguing over on New Years Day. ;)

(Edited to add:

My word, that last posting is a wee bit testy since your edit - and you did edit it this time, right?

There's neither law nor Forum rule that says that people have to agree with you, and must accept every statement you make without question.

A Happy New Year to you. :D )

yes I did edit this time.

And I'm not saying one has to agree with ME.

you asked for a source, I gave you an independant and official source. But you still don't accept it.
Maybe if the figures from the source were Pro airbus, would you be more willing to accept it then?

Member for

20 years

Not at all - if I may take the liberty of quoting from my own posting?

"I'd prefer to see figures from a verifiable and attributable source, and one that is not a Boeing or Airbus press release for a change."

I'd like to draw your particular attention to the phrase "not a Boeing or Airbus press release". This is called "e-ven hand-ed-ness". Maybe next time we can look at "ob-ject-iv-ity", too? ;)

Oh, and now that I've secured a copy of the ATA Report (free download in PDF format......."buy the report", indeed!) , could you direct me to the correct page please? I'm still having trouble finding the figures you quoted earlier.

Silly me! :diablo: